Wednesday 4 May 2016


WIDE LEGS ARE GO

This post has come out of a shopping trip at the weekend looking for a top, lets just say I didn't find a top but I did come across some fab wide leg trousers. They're not only extremely comfortable, but I think they're pretty stylish too and can easily be dressed up or down. What more could you want from a pair of trousers!? So I thought I'd help everybody else out and see what others I could find available on the high street. 


Wide Leg Trouser  H&M  £14.99

Here are my trousers, I can't seem to find them on the H&M website but they are new in so I'm sure they'll be on there at some point. Such a great price at only £14.99, and for that the fabric is really good quality. They come up quite long so I've got them on with my flat-form espadrilles (see last weeks post for all the details). I've gone for a casual everyday look for a day of mummy duties, but you could definitely throw on some heels and a black cami and dress them up. Otherwise they had a co-coordinating top that I really liked but unfortunately they didn't have it in my size so look out for that one coming soon!


(from left to right-top to bottom)
1. Wide Trousers  H&M  £24.99
2. Floral Print Trousers  Zara  £39.99
3. Printed Palazzo Trousers  Zara  £22.99
4. Flowy Printed Trousers  Mango  £59.99
5. Floral Palazzo Trousers  Mango  £39.99

I love a floral pattern and these summery patterns are exactly what we need with the weather about to change. The Zara trousers (central) with the matching jacket look a lot more expensive than they are and depending on your height could be worn with flat sandals for a daytime look or dressed up with heeled sandals. I would try and pick out one of the colours with your handbag to really make the colour pop. The Zara printed palazzos (top-right) are perfect for wearing now exactly how I styled my own trousers with flats and a t-shirt. 


Flowing Trousers  £29.99  Wedges With Stud Detail  £29.99
 Floral Print Bomber Jacket  £39.99
(All Zara)

I'm clearing having a slight love affair with Zara and there floral patterns. These trousers would be so versatile over the summer and could be worn with so many different colours. The jacket would be just as useful and would look fab worn with jeans and trainers. I love the idea of wearing them both together and picking out the orange colour with the shoes.


1. Chichia High Waisted Wide Leg Trouser in Tile Print  ASOS Africa  £45.00
2. Printed Palazzo Trousers  Zara  £22.99
3. Stripe Slouch Trousers  Topshop  £38.00
4. Pleated Palazzo Trousers  Topshop  £65.00
5. Straight Striped Trousers  Mango  £39.99

We all know how crazy everybody has gone for stripes thanks to the SS16 catwalks and I am no exception to this. My favourites here are the Zara printed palazzos (central) and I would style them with trainers for comfy off duty days. The pleated pair from Topshop are a little pricier than the rest but I think you would get what you pay for here and the pleated detailing is extra style points.The ASOS Africa trousers offer something a little different and could be dressed down with denim. If it's a work look you're after the Mango pair you could smarten up with shoes and a white shirt. 


Studio Beige Print Palazzo Pants  £70.00  White V-neck Cami  £14.00  
Studio Beige Print Tux Jacket  £90.00 (All River Island)
Interwoven Cord Sandals  Mango  £35.99 

Here is another outfit option that I couldn't not share. I absolutely love the print on these trousers and the although the matching jacket makes it all slightly expensive they are pieces that would surprise you with their versatility. I've been eyeing these sandals up for a while now and think they would look great with this look, they have a slight Balenciaga feel to them that I love. I would be tempted to go for a bag in the same colour here as well, have a look on H&M for a suede clutch they have at the moment. 


1. Wide Leg Linen Trousers Les Petits Prix @ La Redoute  £22.00
2. Wide Trousers  H&M  £14.99
3. Wide Leg Trousers  COS  £79.00
4. Wide Trousers with Slits  H&M  £19.99
5. Wide Cotton Trousers  H&M  £24.99

If you would prefer a plain pair then check these ones out for all different budgets and all different occasions. The green pair from H&M I have seen in store and are the perfect ones to dress up for an occasion this summer. I would go with a cream lace top, like the one shown here with some nude barely there heels and maybe let the bag do the talking whilst picking out the colour of the trouser. The black pair (central) would be the kind of thing you wouldn't believe you ever lived without and would go with everything in your wardrobe. I love the soft pink pair from COS and would love to see these with a bit more pink thrown at them. If you're wondering about what shoes to wear with your new trousers, here is what I will be wearing...


1. Leather Sneakers  & Other Stories  £79.00
2. Leather Espadrilles  H&M  £29.99
3. Mule Sandals  Zara  £29.99
4. Flat Leather Studded Sandals  Zara  £49.99
5. Knots Flat Sandals  Mango  £19.99

It looks like were almost ready for sandals so you better get your feet in order! These studded sandals from Zara are firmly on my wishlist, as are the sandals from Mango. The price on the Mango pair is really good and I love the knot detailing. I would style these with the plain wide leg trousers from COS with a nude handbag for a really fresh look. The mules I think would be a great daytime heel with the floral printed trousers from Mango and look like they are just about the right height to still be able to run after a toddler, so thumbs up on those. For a casual look I would pair trainers with all the trousers seen here. I love the simplicity of these from & Other Stories and would wear these with everything from dresses, jumpsuits and of course jeans. 

For a little bit more inspiration on wide leg trousers check out what I found on pinterest.


Hopefully I've inspired you to try the wide leg. If in doubt take the trouser and pair with trainers and a tee. The higher the trousers sit the smaller they'll make your waist and if you pair them with heels you're definitely going to make yourself look taller which is always a good thing. Let me know what you think...

xx













No comments:

Post a Comment