Wednesday 11 May 2016


MOROCCAN VIBES

Because the weather took a slight turn in the right direction of summer last week I started to think about my summer wardrobe and a style I love every year is the Moroccan trend. Now I'm not talking full on Moroccan vibes but I am talking, embroidery, pom-poms, tassels and an eastern influence. If you fancy introducing some spice into your wardrobes check out my pick of the high street and let me know what you think.


(from left to right-top to bottom)
1. Crinkled Strappy Top  H&M  £19.99
2. Large Embroidered Scarf - Design 7  SayWhatYouC  £55.00
3. V-Neck Top with Tassels / Tasseled Shorts  H&M  £24.99 / £29.99
4. Jasmine Tie Leg Espadrille Sandals  ASOS  £16.00
5. Straw Shopper  H&M  £24.99

If tassels don't say Moroccan then I don't know what does. I love this straw bag from H&M and think it would be big enough for all my mummy baggage that I have to carry around on a daily basis. It would also make a great beach bag with a kimono thrown over your bikini. I have these espadrille sandals on my wish list for the summer and think they would be so comfortable as you can do them up as tight as you need them. I would wear these with wide leg jeans and the H&M top (top-left) which I also have on my wishlist. The detailing on this is fab for such a great price and I am sure I have seen a dress version as well, if the top doesn't take you fancy. The top and short set also from H&M is exactly what this trend is all about but at the same time bringing it right up to date by being all in black. You could wear this as a set and as separates, making them well worth the money. I would be really tempted to style the look with the scarf from SayWhatYouC, an online boutique I found this year and can't stop going back for more. Their quality is amazing, as is their customer service. This scarf comes in so many other colours, there will most definitely be one perfect for everyone.  


1. Festival Jacket with Mirror Embroidery  ASOS Premium  £60.00
2. Lace Kimono with Tassels in Longline  Band of Gypsies @ ASOS  £65.00
3. Embroidered Bag  Special Edition Zara  £29.99
4. Jacquard Scarf  Zara  £25.99
5. Moroccan Tile Print Pom Pom Pyjama Playsuit  ASOS  £28.00

The Special Edition Zara bag (top-right) is so fab and I quite frankly have to have it! I don't really 'need' it and so can't justify it right now but give me a week or 2 and it will be mine. The detail on it with the mirrored embroidery and tassels is exactly what this trend is all about and would be a great way to introduce it into an everyday outfit. The Jacket from ASOS is making me want to go to a festival. But as I have said before I love pieces that shout festival but that you can actually wear down the park with the little ones and this is definitely one of those pieces. Pair it with the scarf from Zara to really go all out, with skinny jeans, a white tee and espadrilles to finish the look off. The playsuit I have chosen because it is such an easy throw on piece that is sensible enough for mummy days in the sun as well as nights out with some wedges. The amazing kimono from ASOS is a definite attention stealer, so much so that I would keep the rest of the look simple for everyday wear. It looks great with all black underneath and some boots to give the look some edge. I'm sure I have something like this in my wardrobe to be honest, so keep your eye out for something similar popping up on my Instagram. 


1. Strapless Romy Dress  Faithless @ ASOS  £94.00
2. Wooden Necklace  Special Edition Zara  £22.99
3. Mini Sundress in Mixed Print with Tab Side Detail  ASOS  £25.00
4. Fringed Flat Leather Sandals  Zara  £49.99
5. Short Embroidered Jacket  Zara  £39.99

It's when I do blogs like this that I wish I had one of those money trees in the back garden. I really do love all of these pieces, especially the embroidered jacket from Zara. I love the colours and the laid back fabric. It looks fab (as styled) with all white and would look just as good with all black. I would also be tempted to go for a yellow tee with denim shorts to really make the look pop. The sandals from Zara are real leather so slightly more pricey but I have a few pairs of Zara sandals and all have lasted really well. These ones would look amazing with light denim and a bright blue or red handbag. The necklace from Zara is another Special Edition so if you like it don't wait too long. With this one you could add it to a patterned dress, like those above from ASOS and go for a tan coloured sandal. Or you could keep your look simple and go for all white and let the necklace do all the talking.  


1. Embroidery Clutch  Mango  £29.99
2. Raffia Hat  Zara  £19.99
3. Geometric Print Jacket  Mango  £69.99
4. Straw Bag  Mango  £39.99
5. Hand Embroidered Kaftan  Zara  £79.99

I have been on the hunt for a straw hat this week, which I have now got and will let you all in on later this week. This hat though is making me think maybe I should have gone for Raffia instead This is a slightly more of a relaxed material than straw and you can see this in the finished article with the vibes this one is giving off. It is so simple, yet ticks all the boxes and would go with almost everything, it would just be hard to dress it up as it has such a relaxed feel to it. The Cactus bag from Mango is going to be a sell out and I have seen it everywhere recently. It is another one that is perfect sized for all your must have everyday bits and pieces and this one also has the advantage of a shoulder strap, don't delay on this one! The jacket from Mango is a great piece for this weeks weather with all the rain we seem to be getting. It is light enough to stop you getting too hot but save you from the showers. I would love to see this one with a relaxed wide leg trouser and simple loose vest top. Check out last weeks post on Wide leg trousers for some inspiration. Finally here the kaftan from Zara is another statement piece and is hand made so will have super quality. This is something you could chuck on over so many things and will come out year after year. 


1. Leather Slip-On Sandals  H&M  £29.99
2. Earrings with Tassels  H&M  £6.99
3. Clutch Bag-1  SayWhatYouC  £29.00
4. Embroidered Cotton T-Shirt  Mango  £17.99
5. Lace Up Espadrilles  Zara  £29.99

I would love to see these pieces styled together, with a choice of shoes depending on the feel you are going for. I would choose the slip-ons for a relaxed look with denim shorts when the weather warms up a little bit. And for a smarter look I would go with the metallic espadrilles with some light pink wide leg trousers (see last weeks post). The t-shirt and the earrings are from different shops but I think they go absolutely perfectly together and adding the bag from SayWhatYouC would definitely give you those extra fashion points. As with the scarf from the same company, this clutch bag comes in many different colour variations so well worth a look on their website. 


1. Aztec Fringe Sandal  New Look @ ASOS  £24.99
2. Embroidered Neckline Dress  Zara  £29.99
3. Embellished Tassel Bag  Pull&Bear @ ASOS  £29.99
4. Tile Print Tassel Trim Kimono  Vila @ ASOS £35.00
5. Jersey Peg Trousers In Mono Tile Print  ASOS  £22.00

These are some more pieces I would love to see styled together. The dress from Zara would look great with the Sandals from New Look to introduce a bit of fun and give the dress more of a casual feel. These sandals would also look fab with the co-ord 2 piece from H&M (see above). I love the bag from Pull & Bear and think this could be styled with so many colours to pick out it's detail. I would be tempted to go for a black outfit with bright blue sandals as well as with a red dress and black sandals. The kimono is another easy throw on to give instant style to an otherwise boring outfit. This can be done now with jeans and a top and in the summer with a slip dress. The trousers are a jersey material so would be so, so comfortable and would see you all through out the summer. I would style these with different coloured cami tops, black lace up sandals and the bag from Pull&Bear. 

So there is my take on the Moroccan trend with what is available on the high street right now. Hopefully I've talked you into at least one piece. If you want to stay simple, my advice would be to go for a kimono. They are so easy to chuck on over things and can be dressed up or down. They also flatter every body shape and are easily worn as maternity items too. 

Here's to hoping the sun visits us again very soon, happy shopping!

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment