Wednesday 25 May 2016


A SHOULDER THING

Off the shoulder detailing or Bardot necklines are everywhere right now and if you haven't got yourself a piece of the action yet then now is the time. It's the perfect way to update your summer wardrobe, whether its stripes, floral or just an everyday basic you're after have a look below at my picks from the high street. 



(from left to right-top to bottom)
1. Retro Floral Smock Bardot Blouse  Topshop  £28.00
2. Black Gingham Check Bardot Neck Top  New Look  £14.99
3. Red Floral Print Bardot Neck Gypsy Top  New Look  £9.99
4. Off-The-Shoulder Blouse  H&M  £14.99
5. Off-The-Shoulder Blouse  H&M £20.99

Of course it's not quite payday, so these blouses are perfect for a last minute spend before the end of the month. I love the £9.99 red floral top from New Look, I think it would look perfect styled with a denim skirt, lace up sandals and a straw hat for the sunny days ahead. The patterned blouse from H&M (bottom-left) can be paired with co-ord shorts or if you would rather a dress in this print head over to the website for a better look. I think my favourite here is the bardot blouse form Topshop, I love the colourful print and would pair this under a denim dungaree dress with a bright handbag for a fun daytime look. If you fancy a bit of gingham then the top here (top-centre) is a definite must have at such a good price it would be rude not too really.  


1. Yellow Ruffle Trim Tie Strap Cold Shoulder Top  New Look  £15.99
2. Blue Denim Frill Crochet Trim Bardot Neck top  New Look  £17.99
3. Pure Cotton Broderie Cold Shoulder Bardot Top  Marks & Spencer  £29.50
4. Off-The Shoulder Structured Bardot Top  Topshop  £32.00
5. Off-The-Shoulder Top  Zara  £19.99

If you're after something a little more basic that you can dress up with a pair of patterned trousers or a skirt then try one of these. The Denim top from New Look (top-right) will go with everything and could easily be dressed up with some bright coloured high heels with a matching necklace. I've seen some amazing yellow cage heels in Zara that would work with a matching necklace or bag to create this look. I myself have a light blue off the shoulder top that I got in H&M, it was only £7.99 and has been so popular so if you missed out on that one then try this one from Zara (bottom-right). I'm hoping to wear mine when the sun comes back out with some striped trousers and my tan sandals. The white broderie anglaise top from Marks & Spencer is a classic and will never let you down. It's another one you could dress up or down. You could even style it up with a shacket and khaki trousers for an edgier look as well as making it girly with some light pink culottes. The yellow top from New Look is a great one to start with if you find the off-the-shoulder trend a difficult one to wear. The shoulder straps and the soft fabric will mean it will fit a lot easier and won't ride up. Perfect if like me you spend your day picking up and running around after a toddler. For days when you aren't playing mummy the Topshop bardot top is really great quality and comes in a variety of colours so head over to the website to choose yours. 


1. Floral Off-The-Shoulder Top  Forever 21  £15.00
2. Black Stripe Bardot Neck Tunic Dress  New Look  £14.99
3. Off-The-Shoulder Mini Dress  Forever 21  £23.00
4. Stripe Bardot Playsuit  Topshop  £50.00
5. Off-The-Shoulder Midi Dress with Button Through  Lost Ink @ ASOS  £42.00
6. Lauren Stripe Off-The-Shoulder Swing Top  Boohoo  £12.00

It is most definitely the year of stripes and these pieces right here are perfect to give you all the fashion points you need for summer events. I really love the Topshop playsuit and think this is another piece you could smarten up for an event or dress it down with sandals for a weekday. For an event I would dress it up with red heels but it would also work just as well with bright blue or yellow. To really stand out mix and match your colours with your shoes, clutch and necklace. The blue button through dress available from ASOS is a beautiful option for a city break with some simple tan sandals. We all know I personally have a thing for stripes and I couldn't resist the striped dress from New Look. It has been so popular that when I saw one left in my local store in my size I couldn't not get it. Check out below how I'm styling it up for a daytime look. The yellow dress from Forever 21 is another perfect summer dress with tan sliders for a simple yet chic look. If you want to get your denim shorts out then go with the floral top, also from Forever 21. 


Dress  New Look  £14.99
Choker  New Look  £3.99
Sandals  Next  £16.00


1. Off-The-Shoulder Sundress In Stripe with Sheering Detail  ASOS  £28.00
2. Denim Off-The-Shoulder Dress  Zara  £29.99
3. Off-The-Shoulder Dress with Flute Sleeves  Reclaimed Vintage @ ASOS  £40.00
4. Printed Ruffle and Tiered Off-The-Shoulder Maxi Dress  ASOS  £65.00
5. Printed Off-The-Shoulder Dress  Zara  £39.99
6. Petite Blue Stripe Bardot Neck Midi Dress  New Look  £24.99

I couldn't believe the price of the first dress here (top-left), the sheering detail across it makes it look much more expensive than it actually is and it has gone straight on my wishlist for next month. I love the relaxed feeling of the stripes on both that one and the one from New Look (bottom-right). Although this one is only available in petite at the moment, I think if like me you are between the sizes of 8-12 and not blessed with a petite frame, then my advice is to just size up one size. The floral print dresses here I would be styling up for occasions and would go with nude heels and pick out the colours for the rest of your accessories. I think the maxi from ASOS would be perfect for weddings this summer and would make a great smart/casual look afterwards with lace up sandals and flowers in your hair. The denim dress from Zara I got last year in the sale, mine is just slightly different on the off-the-shoulder detailing. I got mine for an amazing £12.00 in the end of season sales and this almost identical one is still a great price at £29.99. I have worn mine to death as it is such an easy throw on for a weekday look. It is very comfortable, loose fitting and actually stays off the shoulder. Check out below how I have been wearing mine with my lace up sandals (see previous post). 


Dress  (old Zara)
Sandals  Next

So girls todays top tip..Get your shoulders out! This is just my little pick of the high street. If you don't fancy one of these get yourself down to the shops and see what you can find. You won't regret it and might even surprise yourself at what you can pull off. Remember 'life's too short for boring clothes', this is what's trending right now so be a part of it.

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment