Friday 20 May 2016


NEW PURCHASES 20.05.16

Last week I left with you the thought of the shacket (shirt/jacket hybrid), of course I didn't want to disappoint so I may have fulfilled my promise on that one. I may have also been doing a bit of sale shopping and thanks to the sun, sort of coming out, I may have bagged some sandals. Check out all my new buys below and let me know what you think. 


Shacket  H&M L.O.G.G  £24.99

After finding a shacket on Topshop that had of course sold out, I went on the hunt for a replica. It didn't take me long to find one in H&M in the L.O.G.G Range. I love this range for everyday basics, the quality is fab and the prices aren't bad either. I picked this one up for just £24.99 which I thought was pretty good and I'm sure I have already got it down to a good cost per wear. I've worn it with nearly all my outfits this week both as a jacket and tied around my waist for when it has warmed up a little bit. It's so versatile and can be worn with shorts, dresses, jeans, the list is endless. I especially love it with a basic look of washed black denim jeans, a white tee and sandals with some fresh accessories for SS16 (look out for this look coming soon on my instagram). I would even chuck it over a smarter outfit though to dress it down for an everyday look. Here's one of the looks I wore with it this week...


Hat  (see previous post)  Marks & Spencers  
Top  Zara  
Shacket  H&M
Jeans  Topshop
Sandals (see previous post)  Next


Sandals  Next  £16.00

I seem to be getting all my sandals this year in Next, but I must say in my experience they are super quality and always comfortable. My other favourite place for sandals has to be Zara so look out for me picking some up in the there as well over the summer. These sliders though are clear favourites right now. Like the shacket I have also been wearing these with everything I can since I got them, it helps that they are just so comfortable and easy to throw on. They aren't as easy to run in though so I'll be keeping the toddler in the puchchair when wearing these. If black isn't your colour then have a look on Next online because they also come in a metallic colour, tan and a two-tone white and navy. I would size up half a size in these as I said with my other Next sandals this year, they come up slightly small on the sole and a little tight around my foot in my usual size, but the fact they do half sizes means it is easy to find the perfect fit. Here's what I've been styling them with this week...


Hat (see previous post) F&F  
Shirt (old)  H&M  
Tee  New Look
Jeans  Zara
Sandals  Next


Shacket  H&M
Tee (see previous post)  Marks & Spencer
Sandals  Next


Blouse  Miss Selfridge  (was £35.00) now £15.00

I've been after a boho shirt for a while now after stupidly returning a Zara one last year (reason unknown). Don't you just hate it when that happens and you're forever plagued with regret! This is why when I saw this one I couldn't say no, especially as it was in the sale section for just £15.00. I think to make myself feel better that's actually cheaper than last years Zara shirt causing all the stress. I've seen so many people wearing this style shirt recently with all different looks so I know it will be an easy piece to style up with everything from my dungarees, denim skirt,and denim shorts. I can smarten it up with black jeans and shoes or could even chuck it over a bikini if I was actually going on holiday this year. Because this one is in the sale it is almost sold out online so worth taking a look in your local Miss Selfridge. If you do, pick up a copy of this weeks Look Magazine because there is a 20% off coupon in there for use online or in store. If you still can't find one then have a look on Boohoo, they have a very similar version for £18.00 called the Madison Embroidered Woven Top. 

Make sure you check out my instagram for daily outfit posts to see how I'm styling up all these new pieces but for now Happy Weekend peeps!! Fingers crossed for better weather next week. And just so you know I'm putting myself another shopping ban until after payday, so wish me luck....

xx










No comments:

Post a Comment