Monday 9 May 2016


TANNING TIME

Sadly as I write this it has just stopped raining and is looking very grey outside. But yesterday was a very different story and the last few days have been full of glorious sunshine and raising temperatures. So in the hope the weather was sticking around I thought I better do something about the colour of my legs. In the past I have been a fan of sunbeds, but right now I just don't have the time or a babysitter to allow me this pleasure. We all know it's not great for our health either so fake tan is all round a better option really. I picked up a bottle of gradual tanning cream in the supermarket last week and I have to say I wasn't expecting much but I am super impressed with it so I thought I'd spread the joy. 


Summer Body Gradual Tanning Lotion  Garnier  £3.50

So here it is, nothing fancy, nothing expensive, but it is most definitely my new best friend for the summer. I picked it up while it was on offer for just £3.50, I think usually it is priced around £5.00. It goes on just like a moisturizer and gives a gradual tan you can top up daily or whenever you start feeling the need for a bit of colour. It does have a slight smell to it, but I think over the past couple of days I have grown a little fond of the smell. It is almost fool proof as I for one have had no streaks or white bits. If your a fake tan virgin or find other more pricey versions hard to apply, I would definitely give this one a go. Especially as it is such a great price. I went for the 'Light' version, but they also do a Dark one if its a more intense tan you're after. If you give it a go let me know what you think!

So what else have I been buying...


Scarf  Marks & Spencer  £15.00

If you follow my Instagram you would have seen this last week, and as promised I had to have it. I already have a red and black version but navy no, so this is completely justified, right? It is a really soft fabric and just long enough for me to also wear as a belt. Since I bought it I have had it on my handbag but will also be wearing it around my neck, around my wrist...the possibilities are endless. It also comes in a light blue colour that I loved but thought I would get more use out of the navy for now. 


Top  H&M  £14.99

I also finally picked up this blouse in H&M. I have been eyeing it up for a while now but always been in the market for other things. I think it has a very slight Cecilie Copenhagan feel to it, very slight I agree but a similar style. I think I'll be wearing it with shorts and my boots this week but would it also go with my jeans and lace up sandals. I have a feeling it will turn in to my new throw on top when I have nothing else to wear, because we all know the pain we feel on these days every now and again. Wardrobe full of clothes but nothing to wear! It happens to the best of us. 


Sandals  Next  £30.00

I love a lace up sandal and was lucky enough to get treated to these last week just in time for the sunshine. They are super comfy and really easy to tie up, compared to others I have tried on before. They do come up quite small though so my advice would be to size up half a size. I have already given these a go with a laid back denim dress, check out my instagram for the full look. I'm sure they are going to be a permanent fixture on my feet when the rain disappears. I love the festival vibes they have going on and can't wait to dress them up over the summer. 

I'm going to try really hard to be good this week as I have all my summer bits that I can finally start getting out. I am on the hunt for a good straw hat though, so I'll let you know how my search for that goes. 

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment