Friday 13 May 2016


NEW HATS 13.05.16

If you read my blog regularly you'll remember me saying last week that I wanted to be good this week and not go buying more things until I had at least worn all my new summer bits I'd been hoarding for so long. I was however on the look out for a straw hat! Well I am pleased to say I have been good'ish, I've started wearing my summer bits and I have purchased a straw hat. Although when I say hat, what I actually mean is hat's, 2 infact, but both for entirely different reasons. I may have also picked up a t-shirt, but only because it is a Stella McCartney tribute and for just £12.50, how could I not? 


Straw Hat  Marks & Spencer  £15.00



So my first hat is exactly what I was looking for in my search for the perfect summer hat. I was after something I could wear with everything, comfortable and good quality. For just £15.00 this one ticks all the boxes. I picked it up in Marks & Spencers and I went for the 
S-M, to be honest I've never really paid much attention to the size of my head before but I think It's about average so I'm guessing it comes up true to size. I wore this one today with my outfit of denim skirt, white shirt and lace up sandals (see last weeks post) I love how it just finishes off my whole look. I'm sure this one will be seen many times throughout the summer!


Straw Hat  Tesco  £10.00  
Scarf  Marks & Spencers  £15.00


This one I picked up in the supermarket, F&F have got some great bits in at the moment to be honest and as soon as I saw this I thought of the Zara one that is double the price. This one is a good fit and will go with all the outfits the first hat won't so win win situation if you ask me. With my outfit this week I decided to add last weeks new buy, my scarf (see lasts weeks post), to mix it up a little bit and put my stamp on it. I loved it with this and will definitely be doing this again! This hat is a slightly different shape to the first hat as well, it is a lot more round and doesn't fit to the head as tight. I don't mind this and like that they are both very different and I can wear them with different looks. The first hat would be a lot easier to dress up with a smarter outfit where as this has got festival written all over it. 


T-Shirt  Marks & Spencers  £12.50

Stella McCartney

My new top I just couldn't leave behind, this really is me being good because believe me there are so many things I have had to walk away from this week. This is a cropped tee from Marks & Spencers, Limited Edition collection and was a great price at just £12.50. The fabric is a fab copy of the Stella McCartney fabric we all fell in love with and have also seen being done in Warehouse this season. M&S have got a whole range in this print from trousers to dresses which come in both black and white. I'll be wearing my tee with jeans and sliders for the summer and most probably going back for the dress at some point too. 

Because I've been so good this week I've been thinking about what I'm after next and have quickly talked myself into a shacket. I know the suns out and it's warming up but we all know what the great British summer is typically like and I think a shacket would be perfect to see me through the next few months. It is of course a cross between a shirt and a jacket so is a lightweight fabric and really easy to wear. I'm looking for one in a khaki colour that I can wear with everything and with everything else I can tie it round my waist for those just in case days. So far I've seen the perfect one in Topshop but sod's law, it's sold out so my hunt continues. I'll let you know how I get on, but for now have a fab weekend and enjoy the sun!

xx










No comments:

Post a Comment