Friday 27 May 2016


LET'S GET TROPICAL

I got such a great response to my very leafy shirt the other day that I thought I would have a look on the high street and see what else is about. So we're talking greenery, palm trees and leaves all over everything. I love this trend for the beginning of summer to introduce a bit of colour and most importantly a bit of fun into my wardrobe, which is exactly what fashion is all about! Check out my picks below and let me know what you think. 



Here's how I was styling my shirt (last years H&M). I stuck with the fun element with my tasseled bag, added sliders (Next - see previous post), and my trusty straw hat (see previous post). I decided to wear it with a white tee underneath and tie it up rather than going with the buttoned up look. Try this with your shirts for a fresh look on a basic outfit. 


(from left to right-top to bottom)
1. Palm Print Cross-Back Slip Dress  Topshop  £32.00
2. Palm Print Jumpsuit  Topshop  £39.00
3. Skater Dress in Jacquard Leaf Print with Trim Detail  ASOS  £17.00 (was £48.00)
4. Dress in Palm Print with Open Back  Sika @ ASOS  £30.00 (was £150.00)
5. Playsuit  H&M  £29.99

I love the simplicity of the slip dress here from Topshop. For full inspo on how to dress up your slip dress for all occasions check out my post from a few weeks ago. My tip on this one would be to stick a classic white tee underneath, and go for chunky black sandals. I have the jumpsuit on my wish list and really regret I didn't pick up last years version that had a white background with a palm leaf print. The sale dresses from ASOS are such great bargains, with a saving of £120.00 on one of them, you can't really say no to that! I would love to see the Sika dress (bottom-left) with bright heels for a night out and the ASOS Collection dress (top-right) with trainers for casual look. 


1. Cropped Bralet Top In All Over Tropical Leaf Print  Religion @ ASOS  £35.00
2. Palm Print iPhone 5 Case  Skinnydip @ Topshop  £12.00
3. Printed Dress / Floral Trousers  Zara  £29.99 / £29.99
4. Palm Tree Embroidered Clutch  Star Mela @ ASOS  £60.00
5. Sleeveless Dress  H&M  £17.99 (was £29.99)

If you'd prefer accessories then check these ones out. The embroidered clutch bag available from ASOS would be fab for on holiday with an all white outfit to show off your tan. The 2-piece set from Zara you can buy as separates or together. I personally love them together but if you wanted to you could style the trousers with a basic cami and the dress would look fab with some yellow mules (see Zara website). If you like the leafy trend but don't think green is your colour then you could try blue with these options here from H&M and ASOS. For a smart dress the discounted price on this sleeveless one is fab and means you could go all out on your accessories. 


1. Midi Cami Dress In Mono Palm Print  ASOS  £28.00
2. Cotton Modal-Blend T-Shirt  Mango  £15.99
3. Fitted Dress  H&M  £29.99
4. Textured Cotton Scarf  Zara  £17.99

You can't go wrong with a midi slip dress and this one is another perfect version of how versatile slip dresses can be. This one could be dressed up with black barely there heels or worn with black sliders with a leather back pack for extra fashion points this summer. The t-shirt from Mango is a great way to bring a little bit of the trend into your wardrobe without going all out, I love styling black and white graphic tees with bold skirts or trousers. This one would also look great paired with the scarf from Zara, espadrilles and some oversized sunglasses to finish the look off. If it's an occasion you are shopping for then try this fitted dress from H&M, I would go with coordinating blue heels or if you really want to stand out you could mix it up with red heels. 


1. Shirt in Placement Palm Print  Glamorous @ ASOS  £22.00 (was £34.50)
2. Palm Print Flip Flops  Slydes @ Lipsy  £18.00
3. Palm Print Bardot Top  Topshop  £26.00
4. Backpack in Fern Leaf Print  Mi-Pac @ ASOS  £29.99
5. White Tropical Print Button Front Tie Front Top  New Look  £17.99

If like me you're always on the hunt for a fun but functional Nappy Bag then check this one out from Mi-Pac, perfect for the summer and all the adventures it may bring. The red patterned shirt (top-left) is selling out on ASOS so get over there quick if you like it. This one could be worn exactly how I styled me green version up. For those of you lucky enough to be off on holiday, the flip flops from Slydes are perfect for getting you to and from the beach and still maintaining fashion stakes. If you read my last post on the off-the-shoulder trend you'll know I'm a big fan and these ones are both going on my wishlist for the summer. I think the New Look off-the-shoulder top would look great with denim shorts and tan sandals. For the Topshop version in red I would stick with black denim and think it would look great with a short denim skirt and chunky heeled sandals. 


So if you want to introduce a little bit of the tropical into your wardrobe get yourselves kitted out in my picks and take the summer wherever you go. For now, enjoy the long weekend and fingers crossed the sun sticks around!

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment