Wednesday 27 January 2016


MELLOW YELLOW

With the weather as miserable as it is at the moment, I feel like we all need cheering up a little bit. I want to inject some colour into my wardrobe and have been inspired by images of bright yellows to banish the winter blues. So I thought I'd share the looks I'm loving with you. 


Image via pinterest


So this is what I'm talking about! I came across this image on pinterest and just had to have a look for some yellow of my own. The pop of colour is so striking and looks effortlessly chic against the black and white. Pairing it with slouch heeled boots and a quilted jacket is genius and balances the outfit out perfectly, making this an outfit fit for Winter temperatures but with all the essence of Summer.


Kimono: H&M  Image: Gucci SS16 via pinterest  Jumpsuit: Whistles
Top: Topshop  Skirt: HotSquash @ House of Fraser


Here is some of what I have found on the highstreet as well as a bit of Gucci SS16, because you can't go wrong taking inspiration from Gucci! It is another perfect example of how to make yellow a fully transitional look between the seasons. Because the colour is a little darker and slightly muted yellow it means although there is more of it, it is not overpowering. The nude shoes allow the co-ord suit to be the focus with the eye being drawn to the centre of the jacket. You are first grabbed by the bow, which was seen all over the catwalk and in my opinion is a huge look for 2016. That then takes your eye down the centre of the jacket where they have added in ruffles and gold buttons. Again both huge trends for this year.  

I found a jumpsuit in Whistles that represents the Gucci yellow colour perfectly. It has the detailing on the back with cross over straps and is a cropped length. I would style this with black mules or slip on loafers and I think if you were looking for a day look, it would look amazing with a white shirt under it. The yellow skirt is a brighter yellow so needs to be tamed a little with black and white to add a balance. If it was styled only with black the contrast would be too strong and it could look very dated. The white possibly added in a jacket would bring the look straight into SS16 and could go from day to night. The Kimono is a perfect piece to style with a white tee and straight jeans, for an up to date look go for jeans with a frayed edge to them. Or if you really want to grab attention you could add some more colour underneath it. I would go with a bright red OR green with matching top and bottoms. The tee (above) is something I might invest in myself and is the simplest way to introduce the colour in to your wardrobe. I will be styling mine with black trousers and white heeled boots. 


Trousers & Top: Zara  Coat: Mango  Dress: Zara
Trainers: Nike @ ASOS  Bag: Cambridge Satchel Company @ ASOS


If you don't fancy going all in with the yellow, why not try accesories or adding it in to patterns. This is done perfectly by Zara's new collection. Stripes are already a huge trend this Spring (see previous blog posts), not only this but they've got the perfect blend of colours to brighten up your day without you needing sunglasses. They also have some striped pieces with more whites and greys with yellow if you want to go for a lighter look and get rid of the dark shades of winter completely. Both the pieces above I would style with glove shoes (see previous blog posts) for a relaxed look. The trainers above are a great buy to effortlessly add some yellow into everyday outfits, and would last you right through the year paired with white tees and denim. If you want to go a little more fluro, the satchel is another piece for all year round smiles. I would love to see it styled with navy to really allow the colour to pop. 


Clutch Bag: SayWhatYouSee 


I have this clutch bag on my birthday list for the end of February. I came across the brand recently and love their handbags. The detailing on this one is amazing and it looks like such soft leather. The only problem is, it comes in 5 different colours so I cant quite decide which one to go for. The yellow thoughts of today are starting to sway me in that direction though so I will keep you updated!

If the end of January is as bleek for you as its is me then come payday why not treat yourself with a little bit of sunshine. I for one will be getting my fix!

Let me know what you think 

xx




















No comments:

Post a Comment