Monday 18 January 2016


FLATFORMS

I have been having a slight love affair with my own flatforms recently. They really do go with everything! Mine are from Zara and are similar to the Stella McCartney ones but I have recently found some in Mango that are so much like the Prada ones that I equally love. So I thought I'd do a quick post to share with everyone what I've found in the hope that everyone will join me in the love for the flatform.



Zara £39.99         Stella McCartney £625
Stella McCartney £580         Zara £39.99


So these are the ones that I have (top left) I chose the navy simply because of the time of year. To be honest I wanted both the navy and nude pairs but when a choice had to be made I went with what I thought I'd be able to wear more of at the moment. As you can see the Stella McCartney ones (right top and bottom left) and the Zara ones are so similar, they have the same styling to them with the white sole and the colouring, even the footprint is the same. I really do love how good these Zara versions are, and for only £39.99 they are such a bargain. I have been wearing mine with skirts and tights, jeans and socks, the list is endless to the possibilities. I'm so glad I decided to brave the socks and shoes look, I wasn't sure at first but with the weather being so cold at the moment I decided to try it. Not only is it super practical but I really liked it styled with a chunky knit and turned up skinny jeans. I kept my socks the same colouring as the shoe to make sure the look didn't end up too busy. I can't wait to get my legs out with them too though. I think this will be when I'm tempted to get the nude pair as well, I think they will look really cool as an alternative to ballet shoes in the spring/summer. 


Mango £79.99       Prada £630
Prada £700        Mango £79.99


These are my Mango find, now you can see why I got so excited! They are so much like the Prada ones its unbelievable. I love the Prada pair in the tan (bottom left) with the orange stripe, and have seen these styled on so many people. They are a firm favourite for this transitional period and like the Stella McCartney pairs look really chic with socks. As I can't afford the Prada version I think I'm going to be putting the brown Mango pair on my birthday list. I think they would look really good styled with floral dresses and loose midi skirts and could be worn like the Zara pairs right through to the summer.  




Here are some of my favourite ways to style the flatform. I really love them with skinny jeans with a turn up and socks, but like I said keep the colour pallet minimal when it comes to the socks. The attention is all about the sole on these so you dont want to distract at the ankle too much. I'll also be wearing mine with a kick flare jean, possibly a slight man repeller again but I don't dress for men, I personally dress for other women so I'm not worried. I've been wearing mine with my culottes and with midi and mini skirts. They also look really smart with a loose black trouser, this would make a great look for those days when you can't quite decide between smart or casual dress. 



  



Hopefully I've talked you into the flatform, you wont regret it I promise! Let me know what you think.


xx


No comments:

Post a Comment