Saturday 9 January 2016

SS16 STRIPES

So my first post on SS16 trends! Finally we can start thinking about shaking off winter and bringing in the new looks of spring 2016. I personally love spring and all the freshness it brings. I'm a simple soul really and can't wait to get myself some daffodils (I can always hope my husband will get me some but I may be waiting a while), loose some of the winter layers, and bring some colour back into my wardrobe.

After having a look at what was hot on the catwalk, I decided to do a post on the new stripe! We all love a stripe, its a wardrobe staple and an easy go to, but this season they have gone bigger, bolder and are a rainbow of colours. The trend was particularly big for Prada who went bold not only with pattern but with their fabrics too and clashing accesories for ultimate impact. The looks were fun and have many aspects you could individually take from them and add to more basic outfits to give them a new edge for the new year. Tommy Hilfiger and Missoni both had Maxi dresses with multiple lines and clashing colours, and all the looks had a strong 70's feel to them especially with their accesories.


      Missoni                     Prada                  Tommy Hilfiger



The catwalk looks are obviously not looks us mere mortals can wear on day to day basis so I've trawled the high street and picked some of my favourite bits to dress up or down. 



Skirt: Boden  Top: Whistles 
Dress: ASOS  Jumper: H&M  Dress: ASOS


Firstly I really love all the colours on show here, its so refreshing compared to the greys and blacks of winter. My personal favourite is the jumper (centre) from H&M. The host of colours along with the multiple stripes is exactly what the trend is all about. I'm thinking of styling it with a leather skirt and trainers for a day time look. Or for an easier through on piece, it would look super hot simply paired with jeans, I would go with my kick flares for the 70s feel. The dresses both from ASOS will take you right through to summer. The maxi in particular is fab as it also has another trend going on, the peekaboo shoulder which is sticking around for SS16. The top and skirt are great pieces to simply team with black if you want to keep the look low key. I would invest in some trousers with a paper bag waist for the top (top right) to pull you in at your smallest part and elongate your legs. If you want to go ultimate impact with the pieces I would say clash it and bring in some different textures. Suede would be perfect and is available in every colour now on the highstreet.


Dress: Missoni  Two-piece co-cord: Topshop  Top: Topshop
Top: Topshop  Skirt: Topshop


I've included a dress from Missoni here (top left), its £850.00 so possibly a little out of some of our price ranges but it is a statement in how to make this trend wearable for all of us with its shorter hem line and easy fabric, definitely look out for copies on the highstreet of this one. The Topshop two piece (centre) I love for its amazing colour combination. The clashing blue and pink would both make this easy to wear now while the weather is still slightly grey as well as perfect in the summer with black chunky heeled sandals. The Riviera feel to the midi skirt (bottom right) was also seen all over the catwalk as it always at this time of year. I would love to see this made super smart with a white shirt and some flat slip on backless flats as seen all over Gucci right now. The tops also from Topshop are great buys and could both be teamed with midi skirts and trainers or throw them on under your dungarees. The short sleeve top (top right) with the high neck line to it, which has been a favourite in AW15 is a perfect piece to take you smoothly through the seasons. 

I hope you all give the new stripe a go, be bold, be bright and let me know what you think!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment