Thursday 14 January 2016


GLOVES FOR SHOES

This post has simply grown out of an email I received from Topshop this week. It was just to show off their new pieces in this week and included their gold glove shoes! They are in my opinion the most fabulous shoes, man repellers none the less but so very comfortable and absolutely huge for the new season. The originals are by Celine and slightly more pricey but for a highstreet version these are pretty spot on. I've included a pic below of the Celine ones as well as details on where to get your very own. But be quick, they are selling out fast. The first thing that caught my attention with them was the colour so I decided firstly that I must have a pair, and secondly I wanted to do a post on the updated metallic trend that was all over the runways in the SS16 shows. So read on and see my opinions on the shiny trend.


Topshop JUNO soft glove mid shoes £59.00



 Zara £39.99                Celine £530.00
Topshop £59.99            Topshop £59.99


All~Mango   £29.99  
£59.99              £49.99


These shoes will go with everything from midi skirts to ripped jeans and are a perfect way to bring an outfit up to date and straight into spring 2016. I do love the metallic ones from Topshop and Mango to brighten an outfit of jeans and a tee up but at the same time the simplicity of the grey ones from Zara will be a timeless piece and is something that you could throw on with any colour combination. The blue heeled ones from Mango would look stunning teamed with the stripey trend thats going on this season (see previous posts). 





SS16 METALLICS


So the metallics trend was big for AW15 and its definetely sticking around for Spring. The colours have gone a lot fresher and the silhouettes softer but the high shine is still there. I've had a look at what was hot on the runway and put some outfits together with some key pieces from the highstreet. 



Karen Walker            Akris            Isabel Marant

    Lela Rose        Karen Walker       Isabel Marant

                                  Alexander McQueen     MM6 Maison Margiela     Temperley


On the runways is was all about keeping the looks simple and freshening everything up with clever detailing to each piece with zips and break lines. The hem lines have stayed long with Midi and Maxis taking center stage, which is perfect for transitional styling as it means we can keep our legs hidden for a while longer. The Karen Walker casual look with jeans shows exactly how we should be wearing our denim for the new season. High waisted, cropped above the ankle and I particularly love the fresh bleached colouring, which makes a nice change from the dark denim of AW. 

My favourite (above) is the Alexander McQueen look with the ruffles adorning the skirt. Ruffles are huge right now and add a girly edge to a look. By mixing this with metallics the look is striking but balances itself out with the colour palette of soft pinks which complement the bronzey/silvery tones of the jacket perfectly. The added detail on the jacket with the plaited laces is absolutely beautiful and again helps to balance out the look from top to bottom. 

Isabel Marants show of metallics was particulary strong and gives us perfect examples of how we can emulate the look on the highstreet. The elements are kept simple and the colour palette monochrome. I love the look (above) with silver tie around the waist trousers, again cropped above the ankle and with all the detail kept in the tie at the waist. This is something we saw come down to the highstreet last season but this time in a fabulous metallic fabric. By pairing it with bright whites and keeping the fit tight on the top it prevents the look from being overpowered.

Here are some of my outfit ideas for the trend:


Silver tee: Cos  Shoes:  Zara
Blazer: Zara  Jeans: Topshop  Bag: Zara


My first outfit that I have put together takes inspiration from Karen Walker. It's a perfect way to wear metallics in the real world. Firstly the jeans are form Topshop and most definitely will be going in my basket! They are the; MOTO Pale Blue Binx Jeans, £40.00. They are the perfect pairing with the glove shoes and will step you straight into Spring 2016. The silver tee is from Cos and is such amazing quality. It is a piece that will last forever, I'm thinking as well as the outfit above it will work great under a v-neck sweater and when the weather starts warming up could be worn under a loose cami top. The white blazer adds the bright white element from the catwalk and I've added the pink bag because I have fallen in love with this colour combination. 


Shirt: Zara  Skirt: ASOS
Boots: Zara  Jumper: Cos  Bag: Whistles


This look is a softer look, but still keeping the colour palette stuck on the whites, greys and pinks. The skirt is giving us the metallic element with its high shine and is a perfect compromise if you don't quite have the confidence for the 'look at me' silvers and golds of the trend. By putting the shirt under the jumper you keep the top half soft and girly so as not to over take the skirt. The accesories I have chosen for this look keep it understated without going unnoticed. The bag in particular has such amazing detail on the strap and is a perfect size to fit everything in for everyday use.  



Shirt: ASOS  Shoes: Carvela
Bag: Topshop  Skirt: Topshop  Purse: Cos


This look places all the attention on the accesories to bring in the metallic aspect. The shoes I love and look like they have come straight off the runway. They will see you through the whole year and go perfecty with shorts and mini dresses in the summer. The bag is from Topshop and showcases how to style up a backpack without looking like you're on your way to school. As a mum a backpack works perfectly for me as it means I have all my hands free and by adding in the purse you have completed your look from head to toe! For the clothes I've added some ruffles in and kept it quite smart with the pencil skirt. The colours and the detail is what brings it all up to date, not only with the on trend ruffles but with the pockets and split on the skirt.

So as you can see the colours calling out to me are the fresh vibes of white and dusty pink but if this isn't your thing then it doesn't mean you can't work the metallics trend this season. In my search for all things shiny I came across an absolute beauty of a skirt. The skirt on the left (below) is a Gucci skirt which is £915.00, it has a silk-blend fabrication and is undeniably a thing of pure beauty. But the skirt on the right (below) is a Warehouse find and is in the sale at the moment for just £25.00. The colour doesn't shout out to me as loud as the Gucci version but for the difference in price I think we can accept the compromise. I would love to see this skirt worn casually with a grey tee, in my mind I'm thinking a bright green jacket and some fresh white trainers. Or at the moment with an untucked patterned jumper to complement the colouring in the skirt. 


  Gucci                            Warehouse


So whether you are thinking keep it bright and go heavy with the darker metallics or like me fancy going fresh and clean with white, hopefully there is something for everyone here. Be it gold, silver or bronze the highstreet is bursting with metallics. There are a lot in the sales too, I wanted to keep everything here about new arrivals but its worth having a look to see what you find! 

Let me know what you think and shine bright 

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment