Wednesday 29 June 2016


WRAP IT UP

It's payday for us tomorrow so of course I am already looking online at what I'm after this month. I'm blaming it mostly on the bad weather as we have been stuck inside all day with re-runs of Peppa Pig on. I'm sure you'll agree this is a perfect excuse for a bit of online shopping. I've been looking at wrap dresses for a while now and after my little browse today I've decided I'll be heading straight into Topshop tomorrow to try their midi wrap dresses. I love how versatile and also how flattering a wrap dress can be. It will honestly suit any figure as you can wrap it up tight on the smallest part of your waist and it will give you curves in all the right places. A midi length is also especially elegant and can be dressed up or down. Take a look below at exactly what I'm after plus my pick of the high street and some style ideas for all occasions. 


(from left to right)
1. Stripe Wrap Slip Dress  Topshop  £39.00
2. Floral Maxi Dress  Topshop  £46.00

This is what I'm off in to town on the hunt for tomorrow. I have seen a lot of people styling both these dresses and really love how versatile they are. I think the floral dress would be great as an occasion outfit, perfect for summer weddings with some tan heels and a nude fascinator. But you could also wear it slightly more casually with some snake print mules (see previous post) and a straw hat. I think it will be the striped slip dress that comes home with me (depending on the fit), as I have a girls night coming up I have my eye on it for. I would go with black barely there heels and a simple clutch with some jewellery for this but, could also see it working during the day with sliders and a denim jacket. 


1. Long Wrap Skirt  Zara  £19.99 (was £39.99)
2. Striped Wrap Skirt  Zara  £7.99 (was £25.99)

If you like the wrap style and want to take advantage of the trend then you don't have to stick to dresses. Try these skirts from Zara, both in the sale so you might have to head in to store to find them if your size isn't available online anymore. They're even more versatile than the dresses in my opinion as you can swap your tops around with them to give you a different look each time. Have a look below at one way to style the 'long wrap skirt' plus the Topshop floral dress being styled with 'those' Gucci loafers. Anyone else a little bit in love with these looks...

(Images via pinterest)


1. Black Tropical Print Wrap Culotte Jumpsuit  New Look  £29.99
2. Wrapped Skirt  Mango  £25.99
3. Wrap Skirt with Tassels  H&M  £29.99

Another way to do a wrap is with a jumpsuit, this one from New Look has the hottest trend in prints right now; tropical palm print. This one would look fab with some lace up heels or some mules for a daytime look. I love the tassel skirt from H&M and think this would be a great buy that you could wear throughout the seasons. The wrap skirt from Mango would give a more basic look and could be worn with denim and espadrilles. I love the fun cactus print on it and you could pick out the colours with your accessories. 


1. Double Layer Waisted Chambray Dress  River Island  £40.00
2. Printed Long Dress  Mango  £99.99

I love this denim layered dress from River Island, it's not a traditional wrap dress but it has a slightly younger feel to it and would be perfect if you're not confident about your legs. I love it with trainers but it would look equally as good with tan sandals and a straw hat for a casual summer look. The maxi dress from Mango has a gorgeous print on it and would be perfect worn with heels to an event or with sliders for an every day glam look. 


1. Wrap Dress  Topshop  £46.00  
2. Mini Tea Dress with Wrap Front in Daisy Print  ASOS  £35.00

If like me you loved the Topshop tea dress with the red floral print on it but missed out on it then give this one from ASOS a try. For another occasion look try this wrap dress from Topshop, the red is stunning but it also comes in a variety of other colours too. Pair it with a statement clutch and some heels for a glam look, or to tone it down style it with some gold flats for a daytime look that would be equally as eye catching. 

Sequin Wrap Skirt  Mango  £19.99 (was £39.9)

If it's something fancy you're after this skirt is a must. It's in the sale so don't hang around if you like what you see. I really love the casual look seen above and think this would be perfect for daytime drinks in town, or to go from day to night stick with the band tee and add some heels. 

Striped Trouser  Zara  £19.99 (was £29.99)

Again I know this ones not exactly a wrap but you can certainly wrap up the tie around the waist and I for one have these on my wishlist so wanted to share. I love them styled simply with a white shirt, mules and some gold jewellery. A perfect 'go-to' look for summer and by swapping the shirt for a tee and mules for trainers, you have a more casual look for running around town in. Or you could try your own little wrap with this styling (above) of a classic striped shirt. Maybe a little out there for some but done right it looks amazing and can turn a simple item from your wardrobe in to something everybody will be asking about. 

Hat  F&F Clothing  £10.00
Denim Jacket  H&M  £19.99
Tee  H&M  £5.00
Wrap Skirt  ASOS  £11.00
Bag  (old)
Bandana  New Look  £3.99
Pumps  New Look  (old)

Here's one I styled earlier. I wore this a couple of weeks ago for a daytime look and had a day full of play dates and chores. It has a little bit more style to it than the dreaded leggings and a tee but is still super comfortable and easy to run around in so perfect for days with the little one. I'm thinking I might also try the skirt with a cami, some heeled mules and statement jewellery for an evening look. 

Hopefully I've talked you in to wrapping it up for the summer. Please let me know what you think and I'll keep you posted on my luck with the Topshop dress. 

xx
















No comments:

Post a Comment