Monday 27 June 2016


MULES SS16

If you haven't already heard Mules are big news this season. It all started with Gucci, so no arguments there from me. The mid-heeled slip on mule is everywhere right now but I haven't found my perfect pair yet. So I decided to try a flat version that I could slip on in seconds with everything. I went for a pair from New Look in the end that were only £15.99, and I am so happy with my choice. I got them in black but love them so much that I'm now thinking I might have to invest in the camel as well. Check out my pick of the high street below as well as those Gucci ones that started it all off. 


 Slipper Princetown de piel  Gucci  £650.00

All hail the Gucci slipper, they may not be to everyone's taste but I for one love them. I love the effortless style of taking a classic loafer and giving it a modern twist as a slip on. As for the fur aspect, if it didn't provoke reaction it wouldn't be Gucci would it. If the fur doesn't do it for you though then you could try the 'Princetown Leather Backless Loafer' which looks fab in gold and a snip at just £380.00. Unfortunately they're just out of my price range so have a look below at my pick of the highstreet. 


1. KYLIE Backless Mule  Topshop  £62.00
2. MONUMENT Leather Mule Loafers  ASOS  £27.00 (was £45.00)
3. Dance Bow Mule  Office  £62.00

For the best dupe of the Gucci version then I would head to Topshop for the 'Kylie Backless Mule'. The Fur is missing but this of course does make it more wearable for those of us who spend most of our time running around a mother and toddler group rather than the streets of Paris. I do love the Office version though with the added bow detail that we have also seen everywhere this season when it comes to shoes. I love how the pair in the pic have been styled (image via pinterest), with a fresh summer dress and contrasting bag. The ASOS version are the best copy of these I found on the high street, but be quick with these as they are in the sale. 


1. Backless Slip on Shoe  Warehouse  £15.00 (was £39.00)
2. Pointed Mules  New Look  £15.99
3. Slingback Leather Shoes  Mango  £19.99 (was £39.99)

If you fancy something a little more casual then I would go for something lighter in colour but that doesn't mean you can't add a little pattern in. I love the outfit above (image via pinterest) the mules help to turn an outfit of basics into a chic modern look that would be perfect for weekdays as well as drinks in town at the weekend. To do this I would simply swap the large tote bag in for a bright clutch bag and add some lippy. The Mango versions here are the best buy if you want to try out this look for yourself. They have the added slingback detail on them so no worries on running for the bus. The New Look pair here is what I have gone for in black. But like I said, I may be investing in this colour too as they are super comfortable and so versatile. I went for my usual size in these and they are perfect, although they are a slightly skinny across the foot but I would definitely say give them a try. If I don't go for the Camel New Look version then you may well see me in the Warehouse pair. I saw these when they were full price and loved them so I can't not really as they are now just £15.00. I love the snakeskin print and would like to see the print being clashed with some summer florals and gingham. 


1. JONAS Mule Espadrilles Snakeskin  ASOS  £12.00
2. JONAS Mule Espadrilles Lace  ASOS  £12.00
3. SPEED UP Mules  ASOS  £32.00
4. Belan Leather Mules  Jeffrey Campbell  @ ASOS  £95.00

I love the espadrille style above and think these would be perfect on holiday with a playsuit or a chambray summers dress. Both pairs are selling out fast at the moment though so don't hold back on these, and at just £12.00, why would you!? The black pair here also from ASOS are a great alternative to going for the obvious Gucci dupes and perfect for dressing up or down. The Jeffrey Campbell pair are a little bit more pricey but the quality would most definitely show this and the white is perfect for summer and would see you right through to the end of autumn. 



Here are my own slip on mules from New Look. I have been wearing them today with my slip dress and denim shirt, an easy mummy outfit for a day of odd weather and running around doing all the jobs I didn't do yesterday. I also wore my bandana in my hair today, yet another use for my best buy of the year so far. Mine is from New Look and was just £3.99, I think they have even more colours available now so don't miss out on this trend. 

If I haven't talked you into a pair of slip on mules already then I'm sure a least one of these looks below will have you wanting a pair (images via pinterest)



So not only are they comfortable, they are versatile, and available all over the high street to suit all budgets. Pay day is just around the corner so why not treat yourself, you deserve it !

xx











No comments:

Post a Comment