Thursday 3 March 2016

SHOE ADDICT !!

Anyone that knows me or follows my instagram will know I am unashamedly addicted to shoes. I have far too many and yet still not enough. So as the season changes and the weather starts to warm up we'll soon be putting our boots into hibernation and getting our feet out. I'm not quite ready for sandals so I'm keeping my toes hidden for a while longer but my feet will slowly be edging out over the coming months. With this in mind I thought I'd share some of those on my wishlist as well as some fab heels I've spotted, because a girl can never have too many heels!!


(From left to right)
1. DARCI Toe Cap Espadrills  Michal Kors @ Kurt Geiger  £120.00
2. KOLA Mule Loafer  Topshop   £59.00
3. BONNIE Black/Ivory Studded Flat  Boden  £89.50
4. Slingback Leather Shoes  Zara  £59.99
5. CHESTER  Russell & Bromley  £175.00
6. KAT High Vamp Ballet Shoes  Topshop  £49.00

The Russell & Bromley Chester loafers (above) have been on my wishlist now for a couple of years. My mum has some and they are just slightly too small for me so I can almost squeeze my feet into them much to her dismay but they are so comfortable and absolute classics. If I had the money I would most definetley invest in a pair and the pair above with snakeskin, which is going no where for now, are perfect for Spring Summer 2016. I love how fun the Boden shoes (above) are too. They would give casual everyday outfits of jeans and a tee a look of high fashion and have everybody asking about them. 


1. Leather Boot-Style Sandals  Zara  £59.99
2. KNOX Silver Brogues  KG Kurt Geiger  £110.00
3. Stretch Sneakers  Zara  £29.99
4. JULIETTE Mid Heel Shoes  Topshop  £49.00
5. BLOOMSBURY Lace up Brogues  Russell & Bromley  £175.00

We all know I'm a big fan of a mid heeled shoe and the ones (above) are both equally fab. I can't get enough of leopard print at the moment so the Topshop pair are going on my wishlist. I think they would look amazing dressed up with an all black outfit with culottes and during the day styled with burnt orange and a mid wash denim. This heel is not always flattering but they aren't called man repellers for nothing. They can be flattering if they are worn with an ankle grazer jean or I personally really like them with a long culotte style trouser or jean, (Zara have some great options at the moment). The white leather pair from Zara are slightly more summery but I would be tempted for now to wear them with some gold glittery socks, layered cami dress and bomber jacket. As far as brogues go, this time of year my advice would be to invest in a white/cream pair. The Russell & Bromley pair above are a really good quality and as long as for now you avoid the puddles will come back out year after year. 


1. LEONA Printed Platforms  Topshop  £52.00
2. ROCCO Embroidered Sandal  Topshop  £56.00
3. EBONY Multi-coloured High Heel  Miss KG  £65.00
4. FLORRIE Black peep toe  Miss KG  £80.00
5. BOW Court Shoe  Topshop Unique  £115.00

As I said a girl can never have too many pairs of heels. Every outfit needs a fresh pair when it comes to nights out. This season sees heels go colourful and crazy with patterns, embroidery, stripes and bows. I really love the Topshop platforms and think I saw Pixie Geldof wearing them at the Topshop Unique fashion show AW16 recently. She styled hers with girlfriend jeans and a loose bright pink knit, because when the shoes are this loud you don't want to over do the rest of the outfit. I'm a great fan of less is more and letting one item do all the talking so I thought her look was perfect. The black peep toe shoes (above) from Kurt Geiger I really really love and think they would be another investment piece that you could bring out again and again with your LBD or simply worn with loose fit jeans and a plain blouse to give that wow aspect to the outfit. 


1. RIVET Eyelet Sandals  Topshop  £59.00
2. ALEXA Pointed Leather Courts  LK Bennett  £295.00
3. LUX-RADICAL  Topshop  £65.00
4. Contrast Platform Sandals  Zara  £39.99
5. NUTTY  KG Kurt Geiger  £110.00

If you're looking for something a little more fierce the Eyelet sandals (above) from Topshop are bang on trend for this season and this style has been seen from everyone from Louis Vuitton, Burberry and Alexander Wang. All of which have gone chunky and added eyelets and chains to black sandals for the summer. For a highstreet pair these are a good compromise with a more girly heel but still with all the intention of those seen on the catwalk. The Kurt Geiger pair also follow the trend but with the chunky heel they would be great for during the day as well as nights out. The LK Bennett pair (above) are a slightly different style but so classic yet with a modern pattern to them. I would style these with a pinstripe denim 2 piece (see previous blog on denim) to bring the whole outfit up to date. For my age I would avoid midi length dresses/skirts with this style of shoe as I think it could age me, although 'Granny chic' was all over the runways at LFW AW16 so maybe it could work!

I could have gone on forever with shoes being the shoe-a-holic that I am but I had to stop somewhere, so hopefully you've spotted something that takes your fancy! Give me a couple more months and I'll be ready to let my toes free on the world once again and we can talk sandals, until then let me know what you think...

xx










No comments:

Post a Comment