Monday 29 February 2016

Prairie Life SS16

I thought I'd do another pick of SS16. This time I'm looking at Prairie style, all the way from the wild west, cow girl chic has never been so hot. We're talking full on fringing, gingham checks and snake print accesories. Floral maxi dresses with ruffles, pretty blouses all tied together with a whole lot of denim. Take a look below at my pick of the high street.


Flared jeans; H&M £29.99 Blouse: Topshop £39.00  Belt: River Island £22.00
Sandals: ASOS £32.00  Blouse: Warehouse £39.00

So when it comes to jeans my pick for the Prairie trend is a classic flare. These ones (above) are from H&M and are fab. I've had them for a while now but haven't worn them too much, I have a feeling this trend is going to get me in them again though. I love the detailing on the Topshop blouse with the floral pattern overlaying the gingham and to be honest anything with a ruffle will always get a thumbs up from me so this is on my wishlist. When it comes to accessories, snake print is a fab choice and these chunky heels from ASOS will work with so many outfits come the summer or you could add some lacy socks for now to keep your feet pretty for Spring. The belt is a definite must have for this season. I have a single buckle one in the same style from New Look but this double buckled beauty from River Island I think will look amazing over maxi dresses and worn with denim skirts. 

Folk top: Next £38.00  Dress: ASOS £60.00  Fringe Backpack: ASOS £35.00
Gingham skirt: Topshop £35.00  Fringe Sandals: ASOS £38.00

Fringing is an important aspect of this trend so for an easy hit of this try the backpack (above) from ASOS. It's an amazing price at only £38.00 and also comes in a rusty red colour. The shoes also from ASOS will look fab with jeans or if you want to fully attack the trend pair them with the skirt (above) and a fitted denim shirt. The dress above is ASOS premium and would look great right now worn with flared jeans and wedges. I love the colour combination and us mums are more than keen on an a-line dress to hide our mum tums! The folk top from Next would be a good pick if you're not completely sold on the trend but give it a go by wearing it with dark wash jeans and keep your accessories brown/tan leather. 

Maxi dress: Glamorous £39.00  Skirt: Topshop £36.00  Blouse: ASOS £38.00
Gingham Shirt: Glamorous £28.00  Clutch: Zara £49.99

We all have a denim skirt but not neccesarily one with all the confidence of this one from Topshop. The length is very on trend right now with the split making it modern and super stylish. With all the volume in the skirt you'll want to keep you're top half more fitted, an easy way to do this is to simply make sure you tuck your shirt in, roll the sleeves up and buckle up with a belt. The belt will draw attention to the smallest part of your waist and the split on the skirt will give a peekabo effect to your legsA maxi dress is a perfect transitional piece and will see you all through the seasons. I would style this one (above) with chunky black boots and a leather jacket for now, I would also stick a belt round it again at the smallest part of your waist to give you a little bit of shape. The clutch above is one of my favourite pieces, I love the colour and the detail is perfect for this trend but would also work with an all black outfit for a night out. 

Maxi dress: Pimkie £41.99  Necklace: The 2Bandits @ ASOS £64.00  Jacket: Millie Mackintosh £45.00
Denim top: ASOS £35.00  Boots : Boohoo £35.00

Jewellery is an easy way to get a hit of this trend and as with the clutch from Zara (see above) by sticking with turquoise embellishment you can't wrong. I've seen this all over the high street from chokers, bracelets, to bags and belts. The necklace (above) is from The 2Bandits and is available from ASOS. They are a fab brand and have a good selection of jewellery with options of silver plated, gold plated and sterling silver. I would definitely suggest a look if your a fan of turquoise stones and chunky jewellery as all their pieces will be exactly what you're looking for. The boots above are from Boohoo and have Cow girl written all over them without having to go for an actual cowboy boot which I for one am not a fan of. The Millie Mackintosh jacket is more of an investment piece but doesn't have to be limited only to this trend. I would though love to see it worn over the maxi dress (above). The denim smock top also from ASOS is another piece on my wishlist. I would keep it simple with black jeans and go with the Boohoo boots for another nod to the trend.

Hopefully there's something here to get everyone running for the Wild wild west. Let me know what you think ladies!

xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment