Saturday 19 March 2016


JUMPSUITS

This post has grown out of me taking a trip to Marks & Spencers and finding the jumpsuit of dreams. Every girl should own a comfy, durable, wear forever, jumpsuit. For those days you can't be bothered to take the time to find matching tops and bottoms, it's just such an easy throw on. The one I found in Marks & Spencers (see below) was a soft denim material and fitted me like a glove. Lets just say I have it on the top of my wishlist for pay day! But I wanted to see what else I could find on the high street for day wear, nights out and all those ones in between that we'll be forever thankful for. 



Denim Jumpsuit: Marks & Spencers  £45.00
Honeysuckle Printed Wrap Jumpsuit: Topshop  £58.00
Halterneck Jumpsuit: H&M  £39.99
Utility Boilersuit: Topshop  £55.00
Linen-Blend Jumpsuit: &Other Stories  £145.00

So (top-left) the jumpsuit that started it all off. It honestly is so soft and comfortable to wear. The only thing I would say although it doesn't put me off, is that it has a lot of buttons to be undone before a trip to the toilet. Saying that though I love a jumpsuit like this worn with a simple white t-shirt underneath it with the buttons left undone. Because of the simple denim colour of this one you could pop a stripey number under there for even more points on SS16 trend! I also really love the khaki green boilersuit style (top-right), this would be just as durable and could even be worn with some black heels for a night out with a lace cami underneath, if you wanted to add a little more interest and make it slightly more girlyThe Honeysuckle print jumpsuit (bottom-left) from Topshop is gorgeous and really great quality. Right now they have another print available in this one that has just gone into sale but its selling out fast so be quick. The sports style halterneck jumpsuit (centre) is from H&M but again there is a very similar version available in Next at the moment that has just gone into sale, but I have a feeling this one will sell out fast too. The sporty style of this one looks fab with trainers and is bang on trend at the moment. To keep warm I would wear over a simple white top and chuck on a denim jacket.


Neon Rose Relaxed Cropped Jumpsuit in Patchwork: ASOS  £38.00
Halterneck Jumpsuit: Zara  £39.99
Printed Jumpsuit: Zara  £22.99

Were feeling slightly more summery with these ones from Zara and ASOS, although I would love to see all three of them layered up again too. The cropped patchwork jumpsuit (left) from ASOS would be another one perfect with a white t-shirt, I would style it with a black blazer and pointy black ankle boots for the moment. In the summer I would go with platform lace up sandals (have a look in Mango for some fab ones available now). The cropped jumpsuit from Zara (right) is a really great price at only £22.99 and could be worn over tees and shirts. The print in a darker colour means it would see you easily through all the seasons. I would style it now with a mustard roll neck and loafers or dress it down with a long sleeve t-shirt and trainers. The halterneck jumpsuit from Zara (centre) I really love. It has a cut out at the back and the print for someone who doesn't normally like girly clothes, I actually really love. If jumpsuits aren't your thing but you love this as much as I do, they also do a top in the same print. I want both for the summer with sandals in the day and mules to dress it up a bit at night. 


Belted Jumpsuit with Kimono Sleeve in Striped: ASOS  £48.00
Layered Jumpsuit: COS  £135.00
Premium Stripe Jumpsuit with Wrap: ASOS  £55.00

If you want to make a statement with your jumpsuit, this one (centre) from COS will do just that. I think this one is so clever, it will defintely have people asking where it is from but being all in black for people who dont want to scream look at me I think it is perfect. The fit would flatter most body shapes as well. Any one not sure on their thighs will be happy with the drape of fabric covering them. For anyone not sure about their stomach, the drape will distract attention away from this part of you. The culotte style is so on trend right now and everybody looks good in black. So all in all I think this one is a really great investment buy and will serve you well at Christmas with a necklace and heels as well as with a pair of bright coloured sandals for the summer. The other 2 options here are incorporating my favorite trend right now; stripes. As I've said before I cant get enough of them right now. (see older posts) These ones are both from ASOS and I think would both work with boots, heels, trainers and sandals! The vertical stripe on both of them is going to be really flattering as is the wrap style which flatters all shapes and sizes.

images via pinterest

I had a little look on pinterest to see what other people were wearing and love these. I particularly like the simplicity of the denim one (left) and think this is exactly how I'll be styling mine up. The sandals (right) are exactly what I was talking about to style with the patchwork jumpsuit (see above) and I really like how this striped one has been left really loose. It's another way to man repel but so are culottes and granny shoes so its a bit late to worry about that now. 

Hopefully I've talked you into getting yourself a jumpsuit, I promise you wont regret it, let me know what you think!

xx






  

No comments:

Post a Comment