Monday 8 February 2016


THE NEW BASICS

It dawned on me recently how much I rely on the basic items in my wardrobe. My ripped jeans, my white shirt, my trainers, all items I couldn't live without. So with this in mind I thought I'd do a quick post on all the items I think every girl should own as well as some new updated versions fresh for SS16. 




(left to right, top to bottom)
1. Shirt: Boden £59.50  
2. Moto Rip Hayden Jeans: Topshop £42.00
3. Trench Coat: Topshop £85.00
4. Sweatshirt: ASOS £25.00
5. Caper lace up Trainers: Topshop £26.00

I really couldn't live without my ripped jeans. They are a staple piece of my wardrobe and are such an easy throw on piece with both smart and casual tops. I find a good pair will look perfect with a sheer blouse and a pair of heels for a meal out as well as looking great with trainers and a simple sweatshirt. If you're looking for a new pair of jeans at the moment, head over to Topshop who not only have an amazing range all available in different colours, fits and lengths. But at the moment they also have a campaign which means you can visit there website and find your perfect pair with their fit guide. I definitely recommend giving it a go. 

I do love a sweatshirt, recently I have been teaming mine with everything from skirts to patterned trousers. The one I have found (above) from ASOS is a really cute piece with the added embroidered heart. I have also picked the trench coat which as we are coming in to spring now, will be a fail safe item that you will never believe you could have once lived without. I have had mine for a few years now and was a H&M buy. A good one will wash well and it comes back into fashion every year without fail so is an amazing investment piece. As is the striped shirt, I cant believe I don't have one of these. I have it on my wishlist and will be investing in one very soon. The one (above) from Boden is a real star by as their quality is amazing and the boyfriend fit is so flattering. I will be pairing mine with my ripped jeans and some red shoes, for casual go for flats and for a slightly more dressed up look a pair of heels will look fab. Lastly, everyone needs a good pair of trainers. Whether its converses or a pair of Stan Smiths that you prefer, everyone should have a pair in their wardrobe. Especially now as trainers really can be worn with anything. These ones from Topshop are such a good price and as they are black won't get too dirty whilst running around after the children. 



Topshop


The trench coat from Topshop also comes in this fab red colour (above), if you like to steal the show this is perfect. Wear it with basic outfits and trainers for an easy day time look and with an all black outfit if you want to take it out at night. Its also a fab Valentines buy at the moment!





(left to right, top to bottom)
1. Slip on loafers: Office £22.40
2. Bardot shirt: Marks & Spencer £29.50
3. Striped top: Zara £25.99  
4. Grey Trousers: Mango £
5. Clutch Bag: Topshop £22.00

If you want to add some new season basics into your wardrobe, all fresh for SS16, this is what I will be going for. The shirt from Marks and Spencer is amazing. It has a bardot neckline and comes in this fresh blue colour with the added detail of the buttons down the front and the ties on the sleeves. I will definitely be purchasing this one. It will look fab with black culottes and slip on loafers. The loafers (above) are a must buy as they are in the sale at the moment for a really good price. I have a feeling this shoe will be around all Spring and Summer as Gucci for one have gone crazy over them. If you can't get hold of these ones, I know there are a great pair in Zara and Next also have some available in black and tan. The bag (above) is another Topshop piece and as I like to update my black clutch every few seasons this is a perfect price and with its nod to the Chloe bag it has a simplistic gorgeousness to it. It also comes in different colours if your after one for a particular outfit.

I need to get myself some smart grey trousers. I really want some good fitting ones that I can dress up or down. These Mango ones (above) look like exactly what I'm after and will look great with a white tee, leather jacket and slip on loafers or trainers. Finally breton stripes, a must for every wardrobe. You can use a simple striped top as a layering piece or a good breton knit will be a year in year out piece. I do love these pieces from Zara (above)(only top available at the moment) as an outfit, and they will work as easy on there own as they do worn together and will be great in the summer with sandals and a denim jacket. Right now you could add a red neck scarf and stick with high waisted tapered jeans for a really fresh look for Spring. 

So if there's any pieces here you don't have, my advice... is go buy! You won't regret it and will be surprised how often you pull them out your wardrobe and mix and match them with each other. 

Let me know what you think!

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment