Monday 3 April 2017

POWER TO THE RED TROUSER


I've written on here before about how red is my power colour. No one can ignore a bright red, and that is exactly why you should be wearing it because no one was born to fade into the background. Now there's no science to it and it may just be me, but when I wear red I find my inner Beyonce awakens (if you will). It actually makes me feel a little more like someone who has all their shit together and like I can take on the world - not a common feeling for me. Like I said though nothing proven here, just a little trick I use sometimes when I'm in need of a boost. (For anyone wondering; red being my power colour / pink is my happy colour)...I never said I was normal!! 

This time I'm talking RED trousers; wide, cropped, flared you name it there's a pair out there for you. Do not be afraid though, yes they are bright and in your face but a red trouser is also surprisingly versatile and can easily be dressed up, down and all around. 

Sailor Pant in Iron Oxide  Jesse Kamm @ Need Supply Co.  £316.09

These ones, as seen in image (above) are a little out of my price range. But having said that, they are blooming fabulous and give a perfect balance between smart/casual. I love the effortless cut on them and the soft canvas material is perfect for summer. So if they are even slightly within your price range, sooo worth it! They also come in a host of other colours if red isn't your thing, follow the link to have a little look. 

ropped Trousers  Zara  £19.99

This is the pair I will be rocking this season. I love the culotte style; perfect for as the weather warms up and the tie detail around the waist adds a little interest. They're an absolute bargain at just £19.99. They are quite a thin material and I also found they came up quite big so took an XS (usually size 8/10), but for under £20 you really can't complain and I can't wait to start wearing them...


T-Shirt with Contrasting Checks  Zara  £15.99
Cropped Trousers  Zara  £19.99
Metallised Brogues with Jute Soles  Stradivarius  £35.99

Red Slim Leg Cropped Trousers  New Look   £24.99
Cropped Straight-Cut Trousers  Zara  £39.99

For a smarter look these Zara skinny fit trousers are perfect, and for true fashionista status pick up the coordinating blazer!....Tailored Jacket with Buttons  


Mensy Peg Trousers  Topshop  £39.00
Woven Peg Trousers with OBI Tie  ASOS  £25.00
Wide Trousers  Bershka  £19.99
Red Self Tie Wide Leg Trousers  New Look  £24.99

How to wear your red trouser;
  • Pair with gingham for a fresh look this season
  • Add easy stripes and trainers for a casual everyday look
  • A blue and white striped shirt could be worn with trainers or smart shoes for ultimate versatility
  • Wear with a graphic tee/band tee and add a little leopard print  
  • Stay simple withe plain white tees for day or go black for a smarter look with heels after dark
  • If you want to mix things up style with a pink top and neutral accessories

Cotton Crop Trousers  Mango  £19.99
Frill Zip Palazzo Trousers  Topshop  £42.00
Assymetric Flare Trousers  Zara  £39.99

If you really want to go all out with the red trouser then how about adding a bit of real fit and flare. I've tried and tested the Topshop pair a few times and was going to go for them until I found the Zara pair (for half the price). These ones though are a nicer and slightly thicker fabric with a really nice fit to them around the waist and bum as they sit above the hips. Size down one size though as I found they came up a little big. 

If that hasn't made your mind up, check out some style inspo below....






(images pinterest)

Kelly Lou
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment