Tuesday 21 March 2017


I GOT IT FOR MY MAMA...



Mothers Day 2017 is coming....Sunday 26th March to be precise. For me being a mum is nothing to do with expecting expensive presents though. Each day I am so grateful and thankful just to get the chance to have my daughter, to look after her, love her and above all else enjoy her. As a daughter though of course I want to spoil my mum because I am so grateful to her for everything she has done and still does for me everyday. 

So I've had a little think about what I would have on my wishlist, if I had one, which of course I do. Make sure you treat your mum this Mothers Day, she wont expect it but she most definitely deserves it. Buy her something with meaning and a little bit of thought behind it. I have chosen these brands to share with you because they are all founded by women who want to create something for other women and spread a little love.  

Mother's Day Limited Edition - The Merci Maman Necklace
£49.00
*personalise with names or a message of your choice


First up lets talk jewellery; how can you not fall totally in love with a piece of handcrafted, personalised just for you, piece of art to wear day in day out. I love all the Merci Maman collection but for mothers day they really do come in to their own. It means 'thank you mummy' and the company was set up by a french mummy living in London back in 2007. It started with just her at her kitchen table, but the team has now grown and her husband has got in on the act too. The Duchess of Cambridge no less has an engraved necklace with her children's initials on it, so you'd most definitely be in good company with this one. 

I already have a personalised Merci Maman necklace I got for Christmas with a message engraved on it and I wear it every single day (check out my Instagram). Although if my husbands reading this; I'm always in the market for some more!



Carrie Elizabeth is based in London, and was set up by an experienced fashion and jewellery buyer to bridge the gap between 'fashion' and 'fine' jewellery. Everything is ethically sourced and in my opinion absolutely beautiful. I love the initial necklaces and have my eye on the 'D' as it is my daughters initial. For lots more designs use the links above to head over to the website. 


Lines & Current is a minimal jewellery and accesories brand using clean lines and simplicity but still maintaining absolute beauty in every piece. Perfect for mums who lead busy lives and want to strip it back to basics sometimes. '10% of all profits also go to causes that bring about hope and change in peoples lives'. I love the Open Circle Ring, and have it at the top of my wishlist at the moment. The necklace I have chosen, is a choker length so is a perfect gift for anyone who likes to stack their necklaces - also on my wishlist!

If jewellery isn't your mums thing though then how about some fashion with a difference.


Tease and Totes believe in using fashion as a medium to distribute messages of empowering women and children far and wide, something I very much agree with. Follow the link above to their website to find more statement tops available in sizes for you and your mini me. I for one love a bit of Girl Power and would love to empower my daughter with that too. Not only that but the white tee with red graphics is hot right now in the fashion stakes.



The FMLY Store is for the whole family, set up by the founder of Selfish Mother; Molly Gunn and her husband; Tom Mangan. All the Selfish Mother tees raise funds for charities to raise funds for women in war-torn regions. Head over to the website for more products for the whole family including many collaborations with other fabulous brands. I might just have to get myself one of these tees to shout from the rooftops; I am a Mother, I am winging it everyday (oh yes) and I am loving it. But more important than that, I love that by doing that I am also helping out another mother who is far less fortunate than me, such a worthy cause. 

Yes Mum Cards @ The FMLY Store
YesMum Cards  £10.50

Set up by Hollie De Cruz, YesMum cards are a perfect present for any mum or mum to be. Little fist pump moments of affirmation to embrace all day. Use a simple habit of positive thoughts to change your mind set and know that on a daily basis, you are capable and you are bloody amazing. Because we all know that being a mum is not an easy job and sometimes we just need a little reminder that 'Everything is going to be ok' . Check this brand out, I am most certainly going to get myself some of these cards and will join in sharing the positivity with the hashtag #yesmumcards . 



Founded by friends; Dominique and Rebecca who became mummies at the same time and found themselves with that age old dilemma; the Changing bag!? Finding one that is stylish and practical believe me is real problem. So they set out to make their bag dreams a reality. All the products are made out of beautiful fabrics with all the needs of both mum and baby incorporated. If you know someone that is a mummy-to-be or a mummy in a need of a bit of a lift these fabulous little bags are a perfect choice for the fashion conscious mums out there. I think this clutch would very quickly turn in to something you can't remember how you ever lived without. 


I really believe in what all these brands are trying to achieve, because being a mummy is about so many different things for different people. But at the same time we all have that certain something in common and should give each other a little pat on the back this Sunday to simply say; well done, you're doing a good job. Like I said though I don't really need gifts to say thank you, I'd be just as happy with a bunch of daffodils and a hand made card from my little girl. Sometimes it's the smallest things that can mean so much.  

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mummies out there - you're all bloody fabulous!

Kelly Lou

xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment