Thursday 13 April 2017

DRESS UP, DRESS DOWN 


Who else is looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend?!! As well as eating my body weight in chocolate and drinking a few too many vinos, I'm also off to a 50th birthday party on Saturday night. Which means I was in need of a new outfit, although when I say I need I really mean 'want'. I was after something I could wear with heels and glam up a bit but that would also work for daytime casual with trainers. This is where the blue dress comes in, and not surprisingly I found mine in Zara. 

Sky Blue Dress  Zara  £25.99

The key here to making your dress work from day in to night is a casual fabric with added details to take it up a notch. This one from Zara caught my eye because of the added belt with silver disc detailing on it. The circular trend has been hot for a while now on bags and clothes alike and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. I also really love the ties on the sleeves which mean you can puff the sleeves up as big and as bold as you want. Not bad at all for less than £30.00. 

My Look




For night time glam I will be adding black accessories and mixing and matching gold and silver accents. It could also work with nude heels and a brightly coloured bag though to mix things up a bit. 


For day time just add trusty converses and a bucket bag for ultimate casual chic. If this one isn't your style though, I've found a couple of alternatives that will work just as well...

Stripe Frill Bardot Dress  Topshop  £38.00 
Striped Shirt Dress  &Other Stories  £65.00 
Blue Stripe Print Cold Shoulder Shirt Dress  River Island  £40.00
Frill Front Shift Dress  Fashion Union @ ASOS  £28.00
Crossbody Bag with Stud Detail  Zara  £29.99
Silver-Toned Leather Mules  Zara  £59.99 
Soft Dumpling Shopper Bag  French Connection  £50.00
Striped Dress with Ruffled Sleeves  Zara  £29.99
Black Ball Hi Shoes  Vans  £50.00


Style Inspo...





(photos pinterest)

Check out my instagram to see me putting my dress to the test this weekend. Let's all cross our fingers for some sun and above all else remember; body weight in chocolate is the aim of the game! Enjoy my lovelies,

Kelly Lou
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment