Tuesday 25 April 2017

DON'T BE A STRANGER TO THE STRIPE


So today I am in deed wearing a stripey trouser. I am though feeling slightly guilty about the whole situation in that I almost completely forgot I had them. It dawned on me the other day as I was standing in the queue in Zara (standard) with another pair in my hands, that I actually already had a very similar pair at home! Slightly embarrassing but it did of course save me some money. 
So if you haven't jumped on board with this trend yet...why not ?? I'm going to say a good striped trouser will become your newest wardrobe staple and will see you right through Spring and into Summer. I've done the hard work for you and picked my favourite available on the high street. 

My Look


Basic T-shirt  Zara  £5.99
Trousers  Marks & Spencer  (old)
Shoes  H&M  (old)

My stripes are last years from Marks & Spencers (see below for this years version). They're high-waisted with a paper bag waist and tapered to the leg. A key thing when buying striped trousers is to always go for a vertical stripe. This will make your legs look longer and thinner. Another good tip if you're not completely body confident is to go for a paper bag waist like these ones. This type of fit acts like a waist cincher and pulls you in at your smallest point, flattering all body types. 

Jacket  H&M  (old)

Another trick to take the striped trouser to the next level is to add a statement jacket and heels. Stripes really do go with everything, don't be afraid to mix and match with other stripes, patterns and accessories. Have a look at my pick of the high street starting with those most similar to mine. 

Black Stripe Tie Waist Trousers  New Look  £24.99
Linen Rich Striped Tapered Leg Trousers  Marks & Spencers  £27.50
Loose-fitting Paperbag Trousers  Stradivarius  £25.99
Striped Belted Peg Trousers  Topshop  £39.00
Striped Cotton Trousers  Mango  £35.99
Striped Trousers  Zara  £25.99
Cotton Rich Striped Straight Leg Trousers  Marks & Spencers  £39.50
Peg Trousers with Oversized Bow in Stripe  ASOS  £28.00
Cropped Stripe Trousers  Topshop £39.00

I love the colours of these ones with the white accents and think they would be the most versatile when it comes to seeing you through the summer. 

Trousers with Belt  Zara  £25.99

This is the pair I nearly walked out of Zara with. They are super comfortable in a really light weight fabric. I found they came up a little big and would have sized down. 

Stripe Wide Trousers  Topshop  £49.00 (currently out of stock)
Striped Tapered Leg Trousers  Marks & Spencers  £45.00

To make a real impact these black and white striped trousers are perfect. Dress them down with trainers and a graphic tee. For night time glamour add some bright pink to really make a statement. 

Surely you're convinced now? There really is a pair out there for everyone and I promise you won't regret it. My top style advice is to always think versatility. And I gurantee a well fitting pair of stripey trousers will not let you down here. But if you're still not sure check out some style inspo below. 







(photos pinterest)


Kelly Lou
xx





1 comment:

  1. Inspiring! You make me want to try striped pants! I love your tips too- the paper bag waist seems very flattering in this print.

    ReplyDelete