Wednesday 6 April 2016


POM POMS

I love having fun with fashion, so when I spotted a pom pom sweater in Zara I just had to give it a go. Now when I say Zara, I'm talking about the kids section! I was innocently shopping for my daughter when I realised some of these items might just fit me. I ended up in the kids fitting room trying on the the size 13-14 years (I'm usually a size 8-10) and was surprised to find that I loved it all and whats more because its meant to be for kids, it's all a lot cheaper too (no VAT added). So cheaper and to be honest all a lot more fun than the adults section, what more could you want? Don't get me wrong I won't be buying all my clothes in the kids sections, but it's definitely worth a look now and again. The jumper I ended up with (see below) got me all excited about the pom pom trend so I wanted to have a look and see what else was on offer across the high street for Spring/Summer 2016...


Sweater  Zara (kids section)  £12.99



(from left to right, top to bottom)
1. Swing Dress in Knit with Cold Shoulder and Pom Pom Detail  ASOS  £35.00
2. Pom Pom-detail Cashmere Jumper Chinti and Parker @ Selfridges  £350.00
3. Festival Smock Top with Embroidery & Pom Pom Detail  Glamorous @ ASOS  £32.00
4. Foldover Clutch Bag with Embroidery and Pom Pom Trim  Moyna @ ASOS  £56.00
5. Pom Pom Wedge Sandals  ASOS TOGETHER  £45.00

The pom pom trend is all about colour and having a bit of fun, this is especially true with the accessories on offer here, if these don't make you smile then I don't know what will. I think they would be perfect paired together with a casual outfit of jeans and a tee or dressed up on holiday with a block colour dress. To me they just scream summer and having fun in the sun! The jumper is more practical for the weather we're having at the moment and is a beautiful cashmere, pricey but well worth it if you ask me. The dress from ASOS would be an easy take on the trend and could be worn with trainers for easy day wear. I love the smock top and think this would be one well suited to festivals come the summer. I would stick with denim shorts and add some lace up sandals with this one. 


1. Premium Pom Pom Cardigan  ASOS  £55.00
2. Pom Pom Peplum Top  Pitusa @ ASOS  £91.00
3. Pink Pom Pom Strappy Heels  River Island  £65.00
4. Dungaree Dress with Raw Hem and Pom Poms  Liquor & Poker @ ASOS  £35.00
5. Pom Pom-Embellished Raffia Sandals  Aquazzura @ Net-A-Porter  £530.00

If you want to take your pom poms out with you on the dance-floor, take a look at these heels. Different ends of the price spectrum but both equally gorgeous. I would style the River Island pair with a smart LBD for full on glamour. Or if you didn't want to dress them up too much, a smart pair of black culottes would be equally as chic for a night out with the girls. The peplum top from ASOS is another festival goer and would look great again with some denim shorts. I think it would also look fab on holiday thrown over your bikini. The cardigan is a definite attention seeker and would have all eyes on you, I personally think it's a steal at only £55.00! The dungarees I think would be one of those items you would surprise yourself with at how much you wear it. It could be another bikini cover up, as well as an easy go to with a white tee and trainers for day to day mum life. I love items like this that are easy to wear but have that something extra that means you stand out from the crowd. And yes I'm pretty sure I've just completely talked myself into getting this too!


Here are some images I found over on pinterest for the Pom Pom trend. Some style tips; layer up with simple pieces in your wardrobe to reinvent and breath a bit of life in to them. Stick with all one colour if you don't want to look too over the top and above all else have fun! Life is too short for boring clothes, let me know what you think.

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment