Saturday 2 April 2016


PASTELS

Its been glorious sunshine outside today so sticking with the Spring feeling, I wanted to do a little post on pastels. I really want to step away from the dark colours it seemed we all gravitated towards during winter and introduce some freshness into my wardrobe. Pastel colours are perfect for this so I thought I'd see what was on offer on the high street for all occasions and budgets....




(from left to right, top to bottom)
1. 3-Pack of Ribbed Pastel Socks  Zara  £9.99
2. Pink Textured Slip On Plimsolls  New Look  £14.99
3. Yellow Layered Double Strap Cami  New Look  £12.99
4. Linen Cotton Coat  Zara  £59.99
5. Cream Stripe Sleeveless Tunic Dress  New Look  £24.99

Even if its just a little bit of the trend you're after there is something for everyone. I found these socks available in Zara, although I also saw similar on ASOS if you fancy slightly different colours. These would be fab right now to lighten up a basic outfit of jeans and a tee. I would wear with my Zara flatforms and my jeans rolled up. I would also be tempted to carry the colour through onto a scarf. I love the coat (above) also from Zara, I have one in a similar colour from Primark and I love to wear it to brighten up black outfits or to keep it fresh with a white shirt. The yellow cami is from New Look and also comes in array of other colours, I personally love to have a good option of cami's in my wardrobe for spring/summer as they're so useful and easy throw on tops for everyday wear. The dress is bang on trend with the stripes and the colours are super fresh. I saw this one today in town and I think it would look great with a denim jacket and white trainers or for now you could stick a grey roll neck underneath. 




1. Crepe Pocket Mini Skirt  Topshop  £35.00
2. Soft Washed Tee  Topshop  £12.00
3. Denim Pinafore Dress in Pink  ASOS  £30.00
4. Striped Dress  Zara  £29.99
5. Pleated Midi Skirt In Colour Block  ASOS  £35.00

A basic tee is just as useful for spring/summer as a cami and Topshop have a great selection of colours at the moment, including this mint green one. I like to mix my pastels so I would love to see the Topshop tee paired with the pink skirt (above left). The pink pinafore I love with the stripes underneath but I would also wear it with an of the shoulder white top. The striped skirt is the same as the one I have that sold out on ASOS. This one is just slightly milder with the colour combination and would mix with a pastel blue tee or grey sweatshirt perfectly. I like to style mine with my trainers and my leather biker jacket but with this one I would be more tempted to go with a denim jacket to stick with the blue tones. The short dress from Zara has the ruffle trend going on and would work with jeans as well as seeing you through the summer with bare legs and lace up sandals. 




1. Ruffle Midi Skater  ASOS  £25.00
2. Flower Show Pink Watch  Olivia Burton  £70.00
3. Drop Armhole Jersey Playsuit with Pom Poms  ASOS  £18.00
4. Embroidered Cotton Top  Mango  £19.99
5. Tiered Ruffle Blouse  ASOS  £36.00

As much as I like to give everything an edge and throw in some denim, you can't really beat going full on girly in pastels. Its not something I do very often and find the girly look difficult in the winter, but in the summer with these pretty colours on offer it all becomes a little easier. I love the simplicity of the blue dress (above-top-left) and would wear it with my old but faithful Jimmy Choo silver sandals with a silver embellished clutch bag. I think it would be a perfect easy wear for all summer occasions. The Olivia Burton watch is going on my wishlist, I have a black strapped one that I got for Christmas, but I think this one would be much better for summer with its delicate face. The jersey playsuit (above-top-right) would be a great buy and would definitely be something you would wear over and over again each year. I would like to see it styled with lace up espadrilles and some layered up necklaces. The pink tops (bottom) are both very girly and on some days I would still be tempted to mix with ripped jeans and fresh white trainers. Although, I do think if I was feeling it they could be worn over a light coloured midi skirt with sandals and possibly even flowers in my hair! 




1. Azaelea Dress  Self Portriat @ ASOS  £240.00
2. Handmade Long Coat  Zara  £89.99
3. Bandana Print Scarf  Marks & Spencers Limited Edition  £15.00
4. Plastic Frame Glasses  Zara  £15.99

Self Portrait dresses are without a doubt, stand out, amazing pieces and if you can afford it, they are a must for any wedding or event you have this summer. This dress (above-left) comes in all different pastel shades and is just so elegant. But it is slightly pricey so if its not within your reach, have a look on the New Look website. They have a blue one and a nudey coloured one, in the same style but slightly shorter length. I came across the blue one in store the other day and the quality is pretty good for a fraction of the price of the self-portrait ones. They do keep selling out though so you might have to keep looking. I love the accesories (above) and would wear them both together with white. Even with a grey coat chucked on at the moment, you'll have that essence of spring even if the temperature doesn't say so. If you want to really go for it while were still (sadly) in coat season, try the pink one on offer from Zara (above). Another great piece that you could chuck over an all black outfit or mix it up with some stripes underneath to introduce the pink.




1. Stand Still Lace Maxi Skirt in Sky Blue  Keepsake @ ASOS  £165.00 
2. Rhinestone Ear Cuff  &OtherStories  £6
3. Silk Love Stone Sleeveless Trench Shirt Dress  C/Meo Collective @ ASOS  £175.00
4. Boucle Top with Collar  Fashion Union @ ASOS  £25.00
5. Printed Scarf  Mango  £19.99

Some more accesories here, this time an ear cuff from &OtherStories which would look great with the green playsuit I picked out from ASOS (see above). Or you could take it smart and pair it with the blue dress shown here (above-top-right). Just because the style is slightly androgynous, I would like to see it dressed down and paired with simple softer accesories. You could also wear it over jeans and a tee as a jacket, I think the cut would flatter most body types with the wrap around style and the tie up on the side, and you could also decide how much leg or cleavage you wanted on show. I think this one is a great buy for the price and would be worn over and over again. The top and skirt here are both pieces sticking with the pastel trend but both have a little more going on so keep the other elements of the look simple. The lace skirt would be great dressed up with heels as well as with sliders for during the day. 

Hopefully I've brought a little bit of sunshine into your day and tempted you into going a little bit girly for the upcoming summer months, let me know what you think...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment