Friday 15 April 2016


NEW PURCHASES

I thought I'd share with everyone what I've been buying this week. Did I need any of it? Well no, probably not. But what till you hear the deals I got, I'm sure you'll agree I just couldn't say no....


Midi Dress  H&M  £24.99

So buy number one I managed to get with 20% off, so for around £19.99! Last time I shopped in H&M (which wasn't long ago at all) I got given a voucher for 20% off for in store use only so obviously it was burning a hole in my purse and had to be put to use. I've got a weekend away coming up with my girlfriends so thought this would be perfect for a night out with some heels. It comes just below the knee with the splits on either side coming half-way up my thigh. I was going to go with a belt around my waist with it but I think this time I'll keep the top half simple and go for lace up heels. For a different look with flat sandals in the summer a belt would definitely be useful though to give a bit of shape. 


Midi Dress  Marks & Spencers  £4.49 (was £45)

This was my bargain of the week at just £4.49!!! I went to Marks & Spencers to take a look at the new ArchivebyAlexa Collection which I loved and want all of it, but I might have to wait until next month for that. So I took a sneaky look in the sale section and found this fab midi dress. I wish I was lucky enough to get 'that' midi dress from Zara last year that everyone now seems to have, I wasn't though (sigh), so when I saw this for less than a fiver I thought I might as well. It's obviously not exactly the same as the Zara dress but very similar and could be worn in the same way. I'm thinking with trainers and a little jacket or with black boots for a smarter look. 


Striped Knit Top H&M  £6.00 (was £29.99)

Anyone who reads my blog regularly will know I have a thing for stripes at the moment and to be honest I've been after a little knitted top like this for a while. This one was hiding in the sale section in H&M, but they had the dress version in there full price range so I thought I'd chance it and see what was going on. I was told because this was the last one it could be sold for £10.00, result!! Only problem it is a size 6, I'm normally an 8/10. I tried it on though and although yes it is a snug fit, we're going to say it's meant to be like this so it came home with me. I'm thinking it will look good with my button up denim skirt or my kick flare jeans and will brighten things up a little bit even if the weather doesn't. I'm also thinking it would look fab with my final purchase of the week....(were talking Alexa Chung/Gucci vibes)


Metallic Skirt  Zara  £25.99

My final purchase of the week, is from Zara. I can't find it on there website but in store they had a good size range available. As I said picking up on the Gucci Vibes of SS16 and in the style of Alexa Chung, paired with a bright striped knit and simple black heels. I'm also tempted to take it a little more edgy for a night out with lace up heels and either a graphic tee or lacy cami, I'll let you know what I decide. But it's definitely a day piece too and could be worn with a knit or sweater, white tee and trainers. As you can see, this is clearly how I convince myself that buying it is the best option, making it as versatile as possible and giving myself more options than I'll ever need for it. 

Keep up to date with my instagram for all my daily outfit pics to see me wearing my new buys.

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment