Tuesday 7 March 2017


LIFE IS SHORT, BUY THE SHOES!


Don't you love it when a shoe divides opinion. As if they are that important!?....well maybe a little bit if we're really being honest with ourselves, or is that just me? A good shoe though will provide a solid base for any outfit. Add a new season shoe fresh for Spring/Summer and voila any outfit is instantly updated. My new favourite is inspired by the 'Celine' V-cut, pointed shoe that fashionistas went crazy for and this season the high street has caught up. 

Yes, they are man-repellers as I found out from my husbands face when I wore mine. But do we care?, no we don't! I'm well aware they are not to everyone's taste but for me that is exactly what fashion is all about. Don't wear it just because everybody else is wearing it, wear it because you love it. 

Pointed Slingbacks  Next  £38.00
Also available in -
White
Black
Orange

Red is my power colour and instantly lifts any outfit. So it's no surprise I chose this pair from Next to add to my Spring/Summer wardrobe. They are super soft and easy to slip on and off (perfect for mummies out there like me...always in a rush!). I usually take a 5 1/2 in Next flats but I went for a 5 in these so you may want to size down slightly with them. 

If red isn't for you but you fancy some colour then how about these lovelies from H&M. Yellow is most definitely the colour of the season right now, add them to a black and white outfit for a smart look or wear with light wash denim for a casual look.
**Check out my post 'And It Was All Yellow' dated 15/02/17 for more yellow inspo**

Slingbacks  H&M  £14.99 - black/lilac
Leather Slingback Flats  Marks & Spencers  £49.50 - black
Contrasting Flat Slingback Shoes  Zara  £25.99
Lychee Slingback Pointed Ballet Flats  ASOS  £18.00 - gold

If you like the style but don't fancy the slingback option there's still hope. As well as my red slingbacks I also have a pair of white v-cut shoes I picked up in the sales at Christmas. (Check out my Instagram feed for how I'm styling mine)

V-Cut Leather Ballerinas  Zara  £29.99 - nude
       Pointed Flats  H&M  £17.99 - black    
Snake-finish Flat Shoes  Mango  £49.99
                          

How about a heel for when you want to add a little spring to your step. The silver Zara heels (below) have 3 different big trends going on all in one shoe;
1. Metallics - fresh from the catwalk and championing the eighties vibe that is everywhere right now.
2. Fold down heel supports - not to everyone's taste but you can just as easy wear them up to secure your ankle. 
3. Kitten heels - another one dividing opinion but if you like it, go for it and don't think to hard about it, style them exactly the same as you would a flat shoe in the same style. 

Court Shoes H&M  £24.99 - black/grey/rst
Slingbacks  H&M  £19.99 - black
Suzie Pointed Kitten Heels Orange  ASOS  £20.00  - silver
V-Cut Heeled Shoes  Zara  £29.99
Slingbacks  H&M  £29.99 - snake print/khaki
Jessie V-Cut Mid Heel Shoes  Topshop  £59.00 - wine/grey
Gina V-Cut Flare Block Heels  Topshop  £56.00 - blue/black

Sticking with the eighties vibe here's a few other options if you haven't found your pick yet...

Patent Slingbacks  H&M  £24.99
Liana Pointed Ballet Flats  ASOS  £18.00 - apricot/black/gold
Silver Pointed Slingback Pumps  New Look  £18.99
Liana Pointed Ballet Flats  ASOS  £18.00 - apricot/silver/gold
Follow Up Slingback Points  Office  £69.00 - black

Now let's see how the pros are styling them, up...










(images pinterest)


Kelly Lou 
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment