Wednesday 27 July 2016


WEDDING FEVER 

Last weekend we went to the absolutely fabulous wedding of 2 of our most favourite people. The sun was shining, I was in tears (happy tears of course), the whole day was amazing and it was topped off by me and my friends dancing like no one was watching, the only way to dance in my opinion! I had searched high and low for a dress for the occasion because I wanted to wear something to grab attention but at the same time take nothing away from the bride and her bridal party. I knew the colour scheme was peach so stayed away from this and didn't want anything too floral or pretty as I had an idea this would be the theme of the wedding . I was very happy with my outfit on the day and got lots of comments and compliments on it so thought I would share the details,  as well as my pick of similar pieces available on the high street. 


My dress was a bright purple maxi dress with multi-coloured detailing on it. It is very low cut on the front so was stuck in place with a little tape. It has a waist belt that I tied around the back but to be honest it is long enough to give you the option of tying it around the front with a bow as well. It has 4 splits, 2 on each side at the front and back which go up just past the knee. These splits give the dress a real girly, elegant feel as you walk and it swishes between your legs. It has an underskirt which goes down to the top of the splits and means you don't have to worry about it being see through as it is a very light weight, breathable fabric which was fab for me in the heat. The sleeves were the only draw back for me as when I first put it on they were a little tight but as I wore it throughout the day I think it stretched slightly and was more comfortable. I love love love this dress and think it perfectly balances the bright and bold pattern with girly features in the cut of the dress and the fabric. It comes up quite small, so I sized up one size with the arms obviousy still being a little tight. 


Faux Feather Twisted Fascinator  Marks & Spencer  £25.00
Nostalgia Slits Dress in Jardin Print  &Other Stories  £79.00
Suede Handbag  eBay  £14.99
May Black Faux Suede Heeled Sandal  Pretty Little Thing  £25.00


My full outfit was made up of accessories I found both online and in store. The shoes I found on Pretty Little Thing and was really pleasantly surprised with them. I hadn't ordered from there before but they came next day and were really comfortable and came up true to size. My fascinator was from M&S and comes in a variety of other colours if black isn't your thing. I sometimes find hats and fascinators can be over priced but I thought this was a reasonable price for something I could easily wear again and it was really comfortable to wear. I went for black because I'm personally not a fan of navy which is the coloring in the dress, I felt going for black made sure the outfit stayed really smart. My clutch bag was a bargain find from an eBay shop that I was also really pleased with. It's real suede, perfect size for all your bits, came with a shoulder strap and wrist strap and was exactly the pop  of colour that the dress needed.  

If you love the print of this dress as much as I do but aren't a fan of a maxi dress then how about trying one of these options (below), both from & Other Stories and varying in price. I think the shorter options would be perfect for day time bbqs, nights out and holidays in the sun. 


1. A-Line Halter Dress in Jardin Print  &Other Stories  £55.00
2. Ditzy Frill Dress  &Other Stories  £165.00


If you have any occasions coming up this summer and do feel like going for a maxi dress here is my pick of the high street


1. Frill Tea Maxi Dress in Floral Print  ASOS  £65.00
2. Pleated Maxi Dress with Drape Back Cape Sleeve  ASOS WEDDING  £85.00
3. Ruffle Came Maxi Dress in Yellow and Black Floral  ASOS  £75.00

ASOS really is the one stop shop for wedding outfitts at the moment. If you don't have the time to be looking all over the place for dresses and accessories then this is your answer. I love the floral options above and you could pick out the colours in each with your accessories. I really like the dress in the centre here with the drape back and cape sleeve detailing. You could go bright red with your fascinator and shoes and I would stay nude with a clutch bag. All of these dresses as well as mine will also work the following summer on holiday with a straw bag and sandals. 


1. V-Back Maxi Dress Cherry Blossom Print  &Other Stories  £65.00
2. Long Shiny Dress  Zara  £49.99

If like me you don't want to go too flowery and girly than how about one of these dresses. Perfect for dressing up and will certainly grab peoples attention. I would stay simple with your accessories with the gold Zara dress and after your event it could be worn with a t-shirt and trainers for an ultra glam casual look. 

Hopefully I've inspired you to step out of the box and out of your comfort zone for any upcoming events or occasions this summer. Most importantly feel comfortable and confident and always, dance like no ones watching!

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment