Friday 22 July 2016


CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC - RED EDIT 22.07.16

This week I went a little crazy in H&M and discovered red is my new favourite colour. I also got bitten again by the gingham bug and finally succumbed to those Chloe 'Jamie' dupes in mango which are now a ridiculous £12.99!! Take a look below for all the details....



Gingham Trousers  Primark  £9.00

Anyone who follows me on Instagram will know I have a thing about gingham at the moment and these trousers were less than a tenner so thought it would be rude not to give them a go. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them on as they are a perfect fit and have a slight stretch in them, so perfect for running around after a toddler. They come up quite big so I sized down one size as I wanted them to be a snug fit. I'm planning on wearing them with a black vest top and my new Mango shoes (see below). You could also pair them with some colour but I would keep it simple on top to let the trousers do the talking. 

Strap Cord Sandals  Mango  £12.99 (was £35.99)

If like me you follow countless amounts of Fashion Bloggers and Fashionistas on Instagram then you can't have missed these beauties. They also came in a nude colour which to be honest have been more popular with people but that's exactly why they sold out first. I kept changing my mind on whether I needed another pair of lace up shoes and have had them sitting in my basket since they were full price. But when they went down to just £12.99 I could no longer resist. The Chloe 'Jamie' pair are slightly more pricey than this yet look so similar in style. I tried the nude pair on in store when they were full price so know they come up perfect with sizing and are really comfortable and wearable even with the small heel. The good thing about the heel means they can be worn day or night so I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of them.  I just have to wait for them to arrive now (waits patiently by the front door).


Red Top  H&M  £7.99

So onto the red edit! H&M have launched a new collection and it is all about red and navy with some chic patterns thrown in. It is so affordable and has so many different textiles and cuts available, I couldn't get just one piece. The red top (above) is super flattering and has a crinkle/pleated affect to it which means it is great for keeping you cool on hot days. I went for my usual size but beware the neck on it has no stretch in it so its not easy to pull on and off in a hurry. I initially picked it up because I was looking for a top to go with my new trousers (below). It looked perfect paired with them for a fresh take on the sports trend currently taking over, so watch out for that happening soon on my instagram. I'll also be wearing the top with denim cut offs and black accessories and maybe even dressing it up for a night out. Not bad for less than a tenner! 


Trousers  H&M  £14.99

I have been after a pair of sports luxe trousers for a while now but all have been quite expensive and to be honest none particularly took my fancy. But these H&M ones are fab, easy to wear and comfortable in a thin material perfect which is for summer. They have a small zip on the outer edge of each leg, very nineties I think you'll agree! They also come up true to size and on me are a perfect length (I think I'm around 5'5). I'll be wearing them with my new red top and maybe my new Mango shoes (see above) as well as with a white tee and trainers. 

Red Dress  H&M  £12.99

This dress was the reason I took a trip into town and it didn't disappoint. Off-the-Shoulder detailing, peplum sleeves, boho vibes, it had my name written all over it. You can wear it with or without the shoulder straps and has a lovely flare to it with the peplum at the bottom. I have seen it styled with espadrilles and loved it but you could always slip on your sliders for an easy day look. Because of the nature of it, it comes up quite big so I sized down but it depends really on how loose you want it to be. 

Metallic Sandals  H&M  £15.00 (was £25.99)

As I was standing at the till with my red haul I spotted these sandals and have been after a pair of metallic sandals all summer. They had no price on them so told myself if they are less than a tenner get them....£15.00. Clearly I am weak willed and have no self control as they came home with me. The deciding factor was that they could be worn with all the items I was already buying. They fitted really well and came up true to size, I'm just going to focus on the fact that I saved £10.00 on them! 

Stay tuned to my instagram for all these pieces making an appearance but until then have a fantastic weekend and enjoy the sun while we have it!

xx















No comments:

Post a Comment