Thursday 17 December 2015


Embellishment

So for my first post I thought I'd stick with the season and take Christmas as my inspiration. At this time of year there are sparkles, sequins and jewels everywhere in anticipation of the party season. Personally, I've never really been a fan in the past, I don't like feeling like a walking disco ball! But this year I decided I'd be brave and have a look for an embellished jumper for Christmas. When I started looking I was pleasantly surprised at what I found and it seems I may have converted to the sparkly side. Here are some of my favourites from the high street. It's also worth saying a lot of shops have offers and sales on at the moment on these kind of bits so you can treat yourself and still have money for everyone's presents. 


Sequin Jacket: Topshop  Jumper: Boden  
Sequin Shorts: Topshop  Blouse:  French Connection (ASOS) Bag: Zara


I think when I wear my sparkles this year I'll dress them down a bit for everyday wear, again going back to my fear of the walking disco ball. But for nights out the more the better, sometimes you just have to stand out! The sequin jacket and shorts co-ord (above) from Topshop would be perfect buys to dress up or down. I was thinking the jacket with a basic outfit of jeans and a tee with some trainers for day to day wear and then to go from day to night, a cami and some luxe black heels would really dress it up. The Boden jumper (above) is my fave, its exactly what I was looking for when I began my quest. I will be wearing it with my leather trousers and the bag (above) from Zara will add enough sparkle for nights out. 


Dress: Topshop  Bag: ASOS
Top: Needle & Thread (ASOS)


This Topshop dress (above) has brushed sequins, these seem to be everywhere this year and in fact are great for some well placed brushing to camouflage the curves/mummy tummy. I love the colour detail on the bag, it would go perfectly with the dress for a New Years Eve outfit for maximum glamour. I love the simplicity of the black top (above), when I came across it I realised I had one just like it. In fact when I had a look in my wardrobe I actually have a few sparkly pieces, most of which have hardly ever been worn. So I thought as I have a new found respect for sequins and jewels I would style it up for a night out look although it could also be my Christmas day outfit...


Blouse: (old) Virgos Lounge  Leather Trousers: H&M  Boots: Marks & Spencers


My favourite place for embellishment is Virgos Lounge, Its where my black blouse (above) is from and is a couple of years old, still with all jewels attached so the quality is super impressive. They do amazing party pieces to turn heads for all year round. The black dress (below) is a Virgos lounge piece and would be a very glam excuse for a new LBD. If it's colour you're looking for the other dresses (below) that I have found I really love. I have also found (below) the perfect clutch and earrings combo to dress up an outfit, both from Zara who I feel do the best statement jewellery. I'm always lusting after something from there, no matter what season it is. The shoes (below) are fab and have a perfect heel height to go from day to night, I would style them up with an all black outfit to add a pop of colour or with a pair of jeans for daytime. 


Dress: ASOS  Earrings: Zara  Dress: ASOS
Bag: Zara  Dress: Virgos Lounge  Shoes: ASOS


Hope you like what I have chosen, please leave your feedback and most importantly enjoy the party season whether you choose to sparkle or not.









No comments:

Post a Comment