Thursday 29 March 2018

'LEOPARD IS A NEUTRAL'


Who can resist a bit of leopard print? Well, clearly not me! I've had this gorgeous skirt from Zara since last year and I think it is probably my most worn item of clothing. It has an elasticated waist meaning it's super comfortable and a pleated design which flatters all shapes and sizes and also gives the fabric some movement. I've dressed it up, I've dressed it down. Added tights, and styled with sandals, this print is an all year winner and always packs a punch. 


To cope with the less than ideal weather right now I styled mine at the weekend with some bright colours and braved it with no tights. I wanted to prove with this look that fashion can be comfortable and casual as well as being on trend, affordable and yet still (hopefully) stylish and cool. As much as leopard works so well with neutrals and can be left to do all the talking, you can also chuck some colour/pattern at it and let the print itself become the neutral. The key to my outfit is the yellow that connects the t-shirt and the jumper, but is also not a million shades away from the colours on the skirt. 

Metal Round Sunglasses  ASOS  £12.00
Oversized Sweater  Zara  (sold out)  similar here  
Amour Rainbow Print T-Shirt  Miss Selfridge  £16.00
Medium Sized Loveless Duffle Bag  MCQ by Alexander McQueen  £355.00
Skirt  Zara  (old)  see below
Boots  H&M  (old)  similar here

In my opinion everyone should own a leopard print skirt and clearly you all agree because so many people wanted to know where mine was from. Unfortunately as it is old season it is no longer available, unless you go for a scroll on eBay of course. But I was sure there must be current season versions available because as much as leopard is always in fashion, right now it's most certainly having a 'moment'. 

So I had my mission, I searched and you'll be pleased to know I did indeed find the goods......

Midi Skirt with Split In Leopard  Daisy Street @ ASOS  £16.99

Animal Print Midi Skirt  Zara  £29.99

Pleated Skirt  H&M  £34.99
Long Leopard Print Skirt  Y.A.S @ ASOS  £48.00

Megan Woven Leopard Print Pleated Skater Skirt  Boohoo  £18.00

This one from Boohoo is probably the most like mine with the pleated design. It also has an elasticated waist and would be super comfortable so easy to wear day and night. And for less than £20, how can you say no??

Box Pleated Leopard Maxi Skirt  SheIn  £12.25

This is the cheapest of all the options and is obviously that little bit longer, I think this would work just as well though and would look fabulous in the summer with sandals and camisole tops. 

An easy way to style a leopard print skirt is with slogan tees or band t-shirts, chuck a hoodie over the top and you're good to go. But you could always break with tradition and go with a pattern clash. Style with a bright floral blouse and match your accessories to the colours within the pattern. Don't ever be afraid to step out the box, remember if YOU like it, then YOU can pull it off!


Street Style






Kelly Lou
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment