Tuesday 6 March 2018

DRESS SENSE



With the weather doing its own thing right now and the shops screaming Spring, we all need a little something to tide us over between the seasons. Dresses are perfect for this transitional period and can be dressed up or down to suit all occasions. I thought I'd do the hard work for you and then because I love you, went one step further (thank me later) and got all my picks in for under £20!! 


Polka Dot Dress  Zara  £17.99

My dress is Zara, which in my opinion is on fire this season with its 'special prices' section. This polka dot easy wear dress came in at just £17.99, has such amazing versatility and will see me right through to Summer. I've gone casual here with trainers of the 90's variety and a very cheap alternative to those Balenciagas' I must say. Not everyone's cup of tea but I love them so that's good enough for me. A blazer is an easy way to smarten up any outfit without making it impractical for day to day duties. You could also add some lippy, silver booties and take this dress out after dark. Or for now just add tights and layer up with knitwear. 


Sunglasses  Primark  similar here
Blazer (old)  H&M  similar here
Polka Dot Dress  Zara  £17.99
Rose Chunky Sole Trainers  Boohoo  £25.00

So what else is out there and how can you make it work for you.....


Transparent Mini Tote Bag  Zara  £29.99
Printed High Neck Dress  Zara  £9.99
Slim Cat Eye Sunglasses  Zara  £15.99
Leather Slingback Shoes  Zara  £49.99

Dress it up, dress it down is what I said and that is exactly what I have given you. Don't be afraid of bright prints and colours, especially when the cut is as simple and as flattering as this one. You could chuck on trousers or tights underneath. Swap the heels for boots or even trainers. Picking out the colours with your accessories is a fun way to show off some personality and make the look your own and it's less than a tenner so no excuses on this one really!

Mohair & Wool Oversized Cardigan  &Other Stories  £89.00
Animal Print Dress  Zara  £19.99
Casio Gold Digital Watch  ASOS  £40.00
High Rise Skinny Jeans  Zara  £25.99
Nike Air Max 95 LX  &Other Stories  £145.00

This outfit is definitely my favourite and I'm currently working out how I can have it all here in my wardrobe by tomorrow or sooner. The cardigan and trainers are a perfect combo for any outfit, but I do particularly love a blush pink against a leopard print to soften it for daytime. A leopard dress is a must for everyone and will see you through year after year. I've styled it here with jeans which means you can still be wearing your dresses long before summer arrives.

 Shirt Dress with Stand Up Collar  Stradivarius  £19.99
Resin Flower Hoop Earrings  Topshop  £14.50
Rosemary Patent Mid Heeled Boots  ASOS  £35.00

If you didn't know by now, urrrm where have you been?!....polka dots are big news this season! This shirt dress in black and white has it covered and will instantly become your new best friend. It could be worn open with a cami and jeans, with tights and boots as a dress or mixed and matched with patterns and colours. In the summer just roll the sleeves up and pick up a basket bag. 

Check Dress with Frills  Zara  £15.99

Wrap Neckline Dress  Mango  £19.99
Patterned Dress  H&M  £12.99

Hopefully I've proved here that you don't have to spend much money to achieve ultimate versatility with your clothes. No matter what the weather, you can shop the new season trends, be able to wear the same day and still be reinventing them months later. What are you waiting for ??!!

Street Style 




Kelly Lou

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment