Wednesday 4 October 2017

GREEN WITH ENVY


Well here's a post I never thought I'd write; sharing all the love on my new green dress! You I see; I do not like green, I never have. I don't particularly know why I just find it slightly unattractive and have never really found it to suit me. I know I'm doing a great job at selling this right now. My point here though is even with all the advice I give out on here; my top picks, what's hot, what to wear with what etc etc. I don't always follow my own advice, I'm always telling people to step out their comfort zones and try something new. Yet there I was with an old idea in my head that green didn't suit me and never bothering to give it another go. Until that is, I found me the perfect green dress, a slight compromise if you will as it was the embroidery that first caught my eye. But green it is and I love it.



Like I said it was the embroidery that first caught my eye and no wonder as it is just so pretty and the colours are perfect for Autumn. I also love the dotted fabric of the dress making it easy to dress down as well as still leaving the option of dressing it up. I'll be styling it this weekend with my new boots (see shop page), and my ever faithful black aviator jacket. For now I'm still powering on without the tights but it will work just as well with and could even be worn over jeans. 

Embroidered Dotted Mesh Dress  Zara  £25.99 

If you fancy yourself some emerald loveliness in your life then have a look at some alternatives I've found on the high street, all with a bit of something going on to make them stand out from the crowd. 

Viscose Dress  H&M  £49.99 

A maxi dress for winter is exactly what the doctor ordered. Brave it with bare legs, add tights or go all 'fashun' and over wear trousers. I love this one from H&M with the floral pattern and added ruffles to help flatter all figures. 

Checked Dress with Floral Embroidery  Zara  £29.99
Floral Wrap Dress  Mango  £35.99
Ruffled Detail Dress  Mango  £35.99 
Mini Paisley Dress  &Other Stories  £79.00
Millie Floral Shirt Dress  Boohoo  £22.00
Chiffon Frill Sleeve Mini Dress  Missguided @ ASOS  £28.00

A chiffon material is a perfect place to start if you want to dress the green up. Add black heels and some statement earrings for Saturday night glam. 

Spotted Ruffle Tea Dress  Topshop  £42.00

Just because you've gone all green in the dress department doesn't mean you can't mix things up a little and add some other colours in. I love anything red at the moment and equally love these boots, perfect for bringing out the detail on the embroidery for a dressed up casual look.
Damaged Skinny Jeans  Zara  £25.99
Checked and Floral Dress  Zara  £29.99
Flat Patent Finish Leather Ankle Boots  Zara  £79.99

So don't be shy, go green this Autumn/Winter just like these street style beauties.....

Style Inspo




Kelly Lou
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment