Tuesday 13 June 2017


SHORT SHORTS


Urrmm have you seen the weather forecast?! Sun, sun, sun, oh yes it looks like summer has arrived. This means I can finally get some wear out of all those summer pieces I have been slowly accumulating. And for me sunny days mean legs out; all day, everyday. So I thought I would do a quick post and share with you my new 'short shorts' buys; which includes the following.....some stripes, some florals and all the tropical vibes you'll need this summer. With some style inspo and lots of similar alternatives along the way.

Femme Forever T-Shirt  Topshop  £15.00
Flowing Skort with Daisies  Zara  £19.99
Geometric Bucket bag with Braided Handle  Zara  £29.99
Sandals  Primark  £8.00  (similar here)

My first pair are these gorgeous red floral ones from Zara. They are what some may call a 'skort', which in reality just means they are a short that looks a little like a skirt. These ones have a little wrap-over detail on the front with a tie fastening to add the skirt element. For me this is perfect for mummy days and definitely helps to keeps my modesty intact whilst running around after a toddler. I found they come up true to size and went for a 'M' (average size 10/12). So far I have been styling them with slogan tees but I'm also very tempted by the co-ord top to dress the look up a little. 

Flowing Skort with Daisies  Zara  £19.99

If these aren't your style though here's my pick of the best of the rest available now on the high-street; 

Red Tropical Print Shorts  New Look  £15.99
Tie Waist Floral Shorts  SheIn  £12.80
Crochet Trim Floral Printed Shorts  Miss Selfridge @ ASOS  £20.00

My second pair is this gorgeous stripey number. I couldn't believe the price on these ones given the fabulous quality and fit. They also come in a few different colour options which I may still be tempted by. These also came up true to size (finally some continuity in the Zara sizing). I would love to see these paired with neutrals for a slightly nautical look but they could also easily be styled with clashing patterns and florals. 

Shoulder Bag  H&M  £17.99
Jersey Flouce-Sleeved Top  H&M  £12.99
Pleated Bermuda Shorts with Bow  Zara  £19.99
Light Brown Suede Heeled Mules  New Look  £29.99

Tailoring Shorts with Bow Belt  Bershka  £15.99
Belted Linen Short in Stripe  ASOS  £22.00
Shorts with Scalloped Hems  H&M  £24.99

Last but not least my third pair of patterned shorties, also from Zara (no surprises there really), is this gorgeous pair of high waisted shorts with ruffle detailing. They have complete tropical vibes to them which I love and is so on trend at the moment. They do come up quite short but the ruffle detailing helps to distract the eye and means they are flattering to all. I took them again in a 'M' and can't wait to wear them this weekend. I love how versatile these ones are thanks to the pattern. Think heels and darker shades for night time glam, or for a casual look add some brights and some slides. 

Box Pleat Bardot Top  Topshop  £32.00
Round Sunglasses  &Other Stories  £25.00
Flat Satin Lace-Up Sandals  Zara  £29.99
Ruffled Floral Print Bermuda Shorts  Zara  £19.99

Frilled Satin Shorts  H&M  £29.99
Flowing Printed Shorts Stradivarius  £9.99
Tropical Floral Print Co-Ord Shorts  ASOS  £28.00
Tropical Print Shorts  Mango  £19.99

Hopefully I've inspired you to get your pins out, don't be shy! Summer fashion is all about having fun, playing around with colours and clashing prints. I'll be wearing all these pairs over the next couple of weeks so check out my instagram for all my looks. Until then here's a little more style inspo just in case you haven't made your mind up yet.









Kelly Lou 

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment