Tuesday 20 September 2016


PATENTED LEATHERS

There's a new trend about this autumn and its all about how shiny you can get your leathers!? More specifically your leather skirt. They've been spotted everywhere at London Fashion Week and I managed to pick myself up a piece of the action last week. So I thought I'd share my pick of the high street plus some style inspo on how to wear the trend. 

As I searched the internet for all the best on offer I quickly discovered that every store seems to call this trend something different; Patent/Coated/Shiny/Vinyl but all really meaning the same thing. The result is a faux leather with a high shine finish to it. The key to this trend is to keep the rest of your outfit simple and casual. See here how mega blogger babes @chiaraferragni and @carodaur are styling their skirts effortlessly for an easy yet fabulous daytime look. 


(photos via pinterest)

Jacket  H&M  £39.99
Skirt  H&M  £19.99
Top  H&M (Kids)  £5.99
Loafers  Topshop  £62.00

I've linked here the skirt that I picked up in H&M last week. I was instantly drawn to it in store then spent the next 10 minutes wondering if it was too shiny. I decided to go for it and I'm glad I did. I've tried it on with a few different tops and I love it withe simple basics. Plain white tees, knitwear, stripes and (above) stars. The top here I picked up in the kids section as I waited for the lift. Stars are everything right now and I love the simplicity of this cotton tee. 

Skirt  Topshop  £45.00
Skirt  &Other Stories  £145.00
Skirt  Mango  £35.99
Skirt  Mango  £35.99

Check out below how the Isabel Marant skirt that comes in at a whooping £925.00 compares to the Mango version that you can pick up for just £35.99. Yes the quality and fabric will undoubtedly be better the more you pay but when you can get yourself a runway double for a fraction of the price, why wouldn't you!

Isabel Marant  £925.00    Lanvin  £1,975.28    Courreges  £510.00

If the midi length here caught your eye but you don't quite have the budget for the Lanvin version, how about these on offer from Zara. The A-line cut will flatter all body shapes and could be dressed up or down for Autumn/Winter. 

Skirt - Black  Zara  £22.99
Skirt  - Maroon  Zara  £22.99

Hopefully I've talked you into stepping out of the ordinary this season. I promise you this trend is going to be everywhere so get it while you can. 







(photos via pinterest)

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment