Sunday 3 September 2017

CHECK-MATE


Move over gingham there's a new print in town! With every new season comes new patterns and prints for us all to fall in love with. Of course we've all seen check before, the favourite being the Prince of Wales print but 2017 is mixing things up a little and checks just got exciting. 


Check Floral Dress  Mango  £49.99

Think florals and embroidery, colours and textures, no check has been left untouched. Personally I love florals and anything to help take a bit of summer with us into Autumn is good with me. So when I saw this dress in Mango, I just couldn't resist. The fit is perfect (I took my usual size), with room enough for layers underneath but also easy to wear on its own. It's a light weight fabric which means I can wear it now while summer still hangs on in there and can add a jumper and boots when the temperatures drop. 

More Love Slogan Tee  Urban Outfitters  (in-store only)  £26.00
Checked Wrap Asymmetrical A-Line Skirt  Urban Outfitters  £42.00

To be honest what I was actually looking for was a check mini skirt, and this one from Urban Outfitters ticked all the boxes. I love it dressed down here with a slogan tee, just add trainers and denim jacket for easy weekend vibes. For now the dress had the edge on me but watch the space, the skirt could still make it's way to my wardrobe!

Checked Pleated Skirt  Zara  £29.99
Past Time Check Mini Skirt  Topshop  £32.00
Asymmetric Checked Skirt  Zara  £29.99
Short Skirt  H&M  £24.99
Floral Prince of Wales Skirt  Mango  £35.99

If you follow me on instagram then you may have noticed I have been rocking my check blazer for a while. I picked it up last year in Stradivarius and have worn it to death since. Lucky for you the high street has now got so many on offer its hard to choose a favourite. If you don't like spending too much money out on fast fashion but want in on the look then try Primark. They have a great one in there for just £17.00, be quick though I have a feeling it will sell out fast!

Longline Blazer in Check Print  ASOS  £70.00
Double-breasted Blazer  Stradivarius  £29.99
Buttoned Checked Blazer  Zara  £49.99

An easy way to introduce a bit of that new print into your wardrobe is to go for a top. Wear with jeans and trainers for daytime or black trousers and pointed heels for after dark.

Combined Checked T-Shirt  Zara  £15.99
Check Puffball Sleeve Crop Top  Missguided @ ASOS  £30.00

The most versatile item with a check pattern has got to be the trouser. No matter what you're preferred fit there is a style out there to suit everyone and I guarantee you bring them back out year after year. 

Vintage Check Trousers with Frill  Milk It @ ASOS  £45.00
Checked Palazzo Trousers  Stradivarius  £29.99
Heritage Check Mensy Trousers  Topshop  £42.00

If like me you like an all in one outfit then a dungarees/jumpsuit is perfect. Wear with a white tee or cosy black jumper and trainers for easy casual style. For ultimate fashionista vibes the Topshop jumpsuit (below) also has a matching jacket available which I love and it would also work just as well on its own.

Check Dungarees  Monki @ ASOS  £40.00
Checked Bustier Jumpsuit  Topshop  £65.00 (jacket)

Checked Dress with Polo Neck  Zara  £29.99

Check Wrap Dress  Mango  £39.99
Check Shirt Dress  Mango @ ASOS  £29.99

I'm loving all the colours and patterns available on the high street at the moment and check is the perfect pattern to mix and match with colours and other prints. I love this outfit from Mango, and not only does it work together but all the pieces are just as good on there own. 

Floral Print Blouse  Mango  £29.99
Check Pattern Ruffle Skirt  Mango  £29.99
Heel Sock Boots  Mango  £49.99


Streetstyle






(images pinterest)

Kelly Lou

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment