Thursday 20 October 2016

RUFFLES AND FRILLS 



Tis the season of knitwear and this year its all about stepping out of the box and reinventing what we already know. What could be better than a bit of a frill, it doesn't have to mean going girly, especially not when it comes to knitwear. Be it chunky and cosy or sleek and slim, dressed up or dressed down, you can always stand out from the crowd with a little extra flounce. 
Gucci Fall 2016 RTW

If like me you can't get enough of Gucci at the moment then frills will be right up your street. They were all over the catwalk and the high street has done us proud. This pink ASOS jumper (below) is a fab tribute to the Gucci sweater above. I would love to see it paired with an all black outfit to really make it stand out. Or if you want to really go all out with the Gucci vibes, style with a midi skirt and chuck in a bit of snake print. 

Pink Jumper  ASOS  £25.00
Mustard Jumper  Boohoo @ ASOS  £18.00
Blue Jumper  ASOS  £28.00
Green Jumper  ASOS  £30.00

This time of year one of my favourite colour combinations is camel with washed denim and tan accessories. These more muted, natural tones always end up being a lot more versatile and can easily be dressed down with sports luxe style tracksuit bottoms or casual joggers, check out my pick below. 

Ruffle Yoke Jumper  Topshop  £42.00
Frilled Collar Knit  &Other Stories £65.00
Cable Knit High Neck  Glamorous @ ASOS  £45.00
Jumper In Rib with Ruffle Neck  ASOS  £17.50 (was £25.00)
Oversized Frill Jumper  H&M  £49.99
                 Trousers with Side Band  Zara  £29.99   Luxe Track Pant  ME+EM  £135.00       
Frilled Mohair Sweater  Zara  £59.99
Ruffle Knit Jumper  First & I @ ASOS  £20.00
Frill Sweat  Warehouse  £39.00
Flounce Sweater  Zara  £25.99
Ruffle Shoulder Jumper Topshop £36.00

I've been wearing my ruffles with joggers and converses. As a busy mum a perfect outfit for me is dressed down and super comfortable yet has a little something that says 'I did think about this, this morning!'. My jumper is from Tesco; F&F Clothing range and was just £16.00 but I can't find it online so the ones above are a great alternative. My joggers are H&M and are also missing online as far as I can see so try out the options above for a day to day look with your ruffles. 


Check out some more style inspo below, in particular the first image which features a Stella McCartney Jumper. I will most definitely be treating myself to the copycat H&M over sized jumper (above) come payday and it also comes in grey, wink wink!

photos pinterest

xx







           








No comments:

Post a Comment